The Malaria Consortium (www.malariaconsortium.org) is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations which is dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium (MC) works with communities, Government and non-Governmental agencies, academic institutions, local and international organisations; to ensure good evidence support delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning.
Malaria consortium now seeks to hire a professional for its Rapid Access Expansion Program (RAcE), a recently awarded WHO funded project focused on strengthening integrated community case management of malaria, pneumonia and diarrhea at scale in its Niger state office.
The Operations and Logistics officer will be based in Minna, Niger state and will report directly to the project Manager. The office holder will be responsible for effective management of all day to day operations and administrative functions in the project office as well as provide logistics support.
• Effective coordination with procurement agents for management of all commodities
• Monitor distribution of all commodities to health facilities and provide innovative processes for tracking, storing and recording all RAcE procured drugs as well as those procured from other donors under RAcE supervision.
• Create and maintain database to cater for vendors, service providers and consultants as well as tracking contract expiration dates, renewal or termination.
• Maintain proper logistics management system including; local and international travel arrangements for staff, participants and consultants.
• Provide support to project manager in terms of report preparation, acquiring procurement quotes and bid analysis.
• Source for appropriate venues for seminars, conferences, workshops and other programme activities as well as adapt value for money (VFM) framework for project office.
Interested candidates must have a degree in social sciences or any related field. A second degree will be an added advantage. At least 3-5 years’ experience in the development sector in either administrative, finance and logistics roles or related roles. The ideal candidate must be analytic, highly organized and self-motivated with excellent communication skills. Proficient use of Microsoft office packages especially MS Excel and other relevant database tools are essential for this role.
All Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter and a copy of their recent CV email@example.com
All applications must be submitted latest Monday, 13th October, 2014. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.