The Hobark group provides manpower, offers drilling, consultancy services and provides logistic support. We also offer catering services, procurement of manufacturing equipment, and construction equipment for the Oil & Gas industries.
Hobark International Limited is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos. The group offers the following services.
Job Objective/ Purpose of Job:
Effective monitoring of vessels in our operation to ensure compliance to statutory regulations, adherence to maintenance schedule. Regular and unscheduled audit of marine resources to ensure fit for purpose asset all the time.
• Responsible to the Senior Marine Superintendent for carrying out the vessel inspection plan (onshore and offshore).
• Is to ensure all vessels contracted have the correct worthiness certificates and are fit for purpose
• Is to ensure all contracted ship’s crews have the required and relevant qualifications and expertise.
• Maintain a marine fuel usage database to ensure cost capture and track fuel usage efficiency.
• Conduct periodic audits of all safety procedures relating to maritime assets.
• Ensure the quayside at Onne is operated in a safe and secure manner.
• To carry out any other technical, safety or audit task as required by the Senior Marine Superintendent.
• Liaison with the Vessel Fleet Coordinator to ensure all vessels are utilised and operated in and efficient and safe manner.
• Take active role in marine incident, accident and near miss investigations.
• Prepare technically accurate and timely survey reports.
• Take on DoA for the Antan Marine Superintendent when required.
• Conduct random dipping of vessel tanks and verification of consumption visa vis designed capacity. Query variances and make necessary recommendation.
• Monitoring of vessel performances by ensuring that all planned Preventive Maintenances are carried out as at when due.
• Review CMID reports at pre-mobilisation phase of vessel hire.
• Witness DP trials in Onne Port as required.
• Attend Ship repair Facilities in Country when Contracted vessels are undergoing maintenance/repair.
• Conduct hull, machinery and statutory surveys to comply with the Class Society regulations.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
• Zero non-compliances to marine policy.
• Audit of all vessels on contract at least once quarterly.
• Fuel consumption audit at least once quarterly on hired vessels.
• Functionally Reports to Senior Marine Superintendent
• Administratively Reports to Senior Marine Superintendent
• Internal Drilling; Facility, Production, Security departments
• External; Vessel owners and operators
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of Marine Operations not limited to the following:
• Navigational requirement
• Vessel features and functionality
• DP System
• Ability to plot routes, calculate consumption, sailing time etc.
• Working knowledge of Classification Rules, Guides and statutory regulations (IMCA etc.)
• Familiar with equipment, small and big marine, AHTS, Buoys, Jetty, Navigation’s aids, Marine Equipment.
• Fully computer literate (Excel etc.)
• HUET / BOSIET valid certificate
• Ability to coordinate a team.
• Ability to perform professionally and accurately against tight deadlines
• Excellent Interpersonal skills
• Integrity and adherence to procedure
• Minimum Class 1 Engineer Certificate of Competency in Marine Engineering
• Shall include but not limited to + 10 years seagoing experience in an offshore support vessels environment within the Oil and Gas Industry.
• Lagos, Onne and Offshore as Required
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.