Vacancy at Mercy Corps
Posted on: 30 September, 2014
Deadline: 7 October, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Gombe
Under supervision of Program Coordinator, the Program Officer provides day-today oversight of all aspects of Program implementation and its wide range of activities. S/he will make sure that all activities are delivered according to the work plan and implementation strategies. Successful candidate will be able to trouble shoot and provide any necessary support. Program Officer will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with communities, partners and other project stakeholders, so to ensure transparent beneficiary targeting, smooth and timely implementation of all project activities: distributions, trainings and other. S/he is an effective communicator, dedicated to the community work, willing to travel to the field and is able to work with a diverse team to achieve common objectives.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- At least 3 years of working experience, with minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with/mobilizing displaced populations and overseeing distribution of non-food items is a definite plus.
- Experience with savings and loans groups; familiarity with VSLA schemes is highly desirable
- Previous experience in livelihoods based approaches will be an asset
- Previous field work experience from Gombe or neighboring states desirable
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross cultural environment is required.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, lead a team to achieve stated results and objectives.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Previous experience in insecure environments.
For full details: http://bit.ly/1v0BSe9
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submission deadline: 7th of October 2014.
All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage women to apply to these positions.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mercy CorpsSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunity at eHealth SystemsAfrica
- Job Vacancies at PACT Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at VSO
- Job Openings at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at the Association Of Positive Youth Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria
- Job Openings at UN Women
- Job Opportunity at i+ consortium
- Job Opening at Mercy Corps