Blue Mahogany are bespoke interior designers based in Nigeria, dreaming, creating and implementing beautiful environments to help discerning clients enjoy all their spaces.
Our clients are our muse. Every interior we design is inspired and informed by the unique individuals and businesses we work with. Our passion is creating spaces you love and which speak volumes about who you are.
Blue Mahogany Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
Ref Code: BM/ID/005
Creative responsibility on client projects as the lead team designer including space design, selection of color schemes, window treatments, hardware and lighting fixtures, carpet, artwork, paint, furniture, etc in conjunction with the design team and the Creative Director. As the Interior Designer, you will be expected to assist the Creative Director in the delivery of design projects from start to finish.
Key Result Areas (KRAs)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Documenting client briefs to ensure that the design team has a clear understanding of what the client is looking for.
- Measurement of existing dimensions in design space on individual projects.
- Photo design creation and issuance of technical drawings (3D graphic design drawings)
- Producing accurate CAD drawings including elevations, sections RCP, layout etc
- Creating space plans.
- Creating mood boards, sample boards and other presentation material.
- Material sourcing and selection for furniture, lights, decorations and fittings.
- Providing artisans with detailed drawings and descriptions to produce bespoke furniture and fittings
- Follow up on individual design projects.
- Preparation of regular (weekly) feedback report on individual projects.
- Client communication and relationship management via email and telephone.
- Managing members of the design team.
- Meeting attendance and briefing of the Client Relationship Officer
- Client support via email and telephone.
- Follow up with client to ensure design specifications have been met.
- Project Management
- Supervision of site meetings.
- Liaising with Project Manager throughout the project life cycle to ensure vision is delivered.
- Monitoring project site progress
- Preparation of work schedule for individual projects
- Management of project themes of cost, quality and time.
- Quality control in all areas of delivery to ensure that project vision is met
- Minimum academic qualification of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor's degree in creative arts or design.
- 6 - 8 years relevant experience, with specialist training in interior design, architecture or a relevant profession.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, time, people and project management skills, as well as knowledge of financial and budgetary management.
- Proficiency in the use of design software such as Auto CAD, Revit, Photoshop Illustrator, and any other relevant 3D Animation or CAD software.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should please send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject of the email.