About Channels Television
Channels Television is one of the 13 independent television stations currently broadcasting in Nigeria, since the Federal Government deregulated the broadcast media in 1992.
The Company was licensed in June 1993 and allocated a frequency on UHF (channel 39). It began transmission two years later under the name Channels Television and now broadcasts to a well discerning audience of over 20 million people.
The establishment of Channels Television as a news station was in response to the yearning of Nigerians for a TV station that will among other things:
* Give an alternative medium of communication to the government and its policies, and hold public officers accountable to the people;
* Accommodate opposing views;
* Inform and educate the general public on how they are governed as well as, what their civic responsibilities are;
* Uphold the ideals of balanced reporting, objectivity, fairness and the right of the individual to communicate.
Channels Television’s bias for news has placed it well above other competitors in the Nigerian television industry.
The station has bagged the 'Best Television station of the Year’ an award endowed by the Nigerian Media Merit Award Trust - nine times in the last fourteen years (2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013/2014), thereby making Channels Television "the Station of the decade”.
The company is staffed with some of the best broadcast journalists in the country, with a staff strength of about 326, some of whom have received training in Europe, South Africa and the United Kingdom and the United States, and many also bagging numerous awards of different categories, nationally and internationally.
Channels team has produced feature programmes, which have received commendation through out the country; video footage of events and happenings in Nigeria, shot by Channels News crews have been used widely by reputable broadcast organisations such as BBC-TV, CNN, ITN and McNeil/Lehrer News hour.
Our flagship, the "News at Ten” is today, the most popular and most watched news in the country, while the station has earned a reputation as an aggressive news outlet, which provides a balanced account of news coverage.
* Channels mission is to produce and broadcast television programmes of quality and integrity that recognize and challenge, the intelligence and curiosity of our viewers.
* Our mission includes providing community oriented programmes that will enrich our local and international viewers.
* Give an alternative medium of communication to the government-controlled media in Nigeria;
* Perform the role of a true watch-dog of the government and its policies, and hold public officers accountable to the people;
FIRST MOVER ADVANTAGE
Channels Television represents an exponential growth opportunity;
Has been awarded Regional Winner/Finalist [world], International Children’s Day Broadcasting 2008 by UNICEF.
The first television to win the NMAA award, as BROADCASTING STATION OF THE YEAR nine times 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013/2014.
The first television station in Nigeria to be nominated for the INTERNATIONAL EMMY AWARD [iEMMY] in the UNICEF special award category.
Rated the most RELIABLE and TRUSTED source of information in Nigeria by the BBC/REUTERS survey for 2006.
The station has established powerful relationships with broadcasting authorities around the world.
Our flagship, the News @10 delivers an increasing audience of 8 stations at one go.
Staffed with award winning broadcasters, some of whom are 2 time NMMA award winners.
Channels Television Reviews
No review available
Do you currently work in this company or maybe have worked there before? Drop a review
Channels Television Salaries
Anonymously drop your salary if you are working with this company or maybe have worked with them in the past.Drop your salary