Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
BudgIT is a creative start-up driven to retell the West African budget and public data in a finer detail across every literacy span. We aim to stimulate citizens interests around public data and hence trigger discussions towards better governance.
At BudgIT, we believe that access and understanding to the budget is a basic human right
BudgIT as an idea...
We are hiring State Officers across 13 states (Abia, Anambra, Benue, Cross River, Delta, Enugu, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Ogun, Plateau, Rivers, and Yobe). The state officer is responsible for fully implementing BudgIT/Tracka’s mission, conducting advocacy and M&E activities, and ensuring that BudgIT’s network is expanded and entrenched in the state.
Scope of Work
This role reports to the Head of Tracka and the Country Director and works with other departments within the organization.
Key Working Relationships
The State Officer will work with and support other departments across BudgIT with a direct reporting line to the Head of Tracka. External working relationships will include communities, media houses, civil society organizations, and government officials.
- Ensure effective tracking of federal and state government projects and programs as contained in the budget.
- Conduct advocacy sensitizations on the budget process, implementation, and audit in communities in your state
- Produce 360o impact stories in communities – from needs assessment advocacy to implementation to impact stories.
- Unearth and investigate fraudulent activities and under-delivery of public projects for media dissemination and advocacy
- Participate in media programs to discuss findings from the field projects and findings.
- Participate actively in the production and dissemination of Tracka stories, among others.
- Represent BudgIT at events and happenings in your state.
- Implement programs and duties as assigned by BudgIT in your state.
- Build, manage, and moderate the community champions initiative in your state to build a sense of belonging and ownership, ensure positive engagement, resolve issues, and foster a supportive and inclusive environment for advocacy on public issues.
- Any other responsibility requested by the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant OND, HND, or Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or other related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience working in the Civil Society Space.
- Relevant experience in community mobilization and engagement.
- Interest in the governance and civil society space is a big plus.
- Experience working in networks and building strong working relationships.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent monitoring & evaluation skills
- An excellent understanding of government budgets and execution process
- Excellent community engagement and mobilization skills
- Ability to engage media and government stakeholders effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word, Google Doc, MS-Office packages
- Fluent in English, with excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.