To reinforce our Administration and HR functions, we are recruiting for a Senior Officer Administration and Human Resources.
The position is full-time, based in Abuja, Nigeria with 40h/week.
This position is only filled locally. With contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not intended.
These are your responsibilities
- Manage professional office administration and efficient operations of the Country Office in line with relevant CBM standards.
- Document and maintain updated administrative processes and procedures; initiate and lead regular reviews to ensure clarity, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure that CBM is complying with in-country regulatory requirements such as registration and related annual reporting to relevant authorities (except financial regulatory requirements such as statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc., which are the responsibility of the Country Finance Manager).
- Effectively line-manage the administrative staff based on performance.
- Handle logistics and visa applications for visitors and expatriate co-workers.
- Provide support to the Country Director specific to the operational requirements of his/her position, such as schedule management, minute taking, report writing.
- Ensure office and property/facility management, including office cleanliness, organising and overseeing maintenance and repair works on CBM premises or on CBM assets; facilitating and following up on Accessibility and Inclusion audits.
- Put in place and maintain relevant insurance contracts.
- Organize security of the premises, keep up-to-date contact with Security Company and oversee the security guards work.
- Support the timely procurement of goods and services to address the needs of the Country Office; act as a member of a vendor/supplier selection committee.
- Ensure oversight and management of Country Office IT systems and maintenance, access to Navision (where relevant), Sharepoint and other relevant programmes.
- Collaborate closely with the Country Finance and Regional HR Manager to ensure cross-functional policies, procedures and practice are harmonised and streamlined where relevant.
- Model and promote CBM’s values, culture and inclusive practices and promote disability and gender equality with colleagues.
- 1.2 HR Administration
- Support the Regional HR Manager in ensuring on-time delivery of HR services and accuracy of information.
- Provide timely and consistent HR data for the Country office to facilitate the preparation and dissemination of HR reports.
- Submit HR recruitment / contracting requests for approval in line with the Authority Structure
- Support the Regional HR Manager with administrative and logistical aspects of expatriate co-worker assignments, such as arranging house leases, security, vehicle, etc.
- Facilitate the in-country recruitment and candidate selection process.
- Ensure employment contracts are in place and inform the Country Director in a timely manner of contract end-dates.
- Coordinate the process of induction & briefing for new staff in the Country Offices.
- Coordinate the effective implementation of the annual performance management process by line managers in line with agreed timelines
- Ensure all staff have up-to-date and signed job descriptions in place.
- 1.3 Additional Duties:
In addition to the responsibilities outlined in section I above, the incumbent will upon instruction by the line-manager and the Country Director, perform ad hoc activities, which either are by their nature related to his normal duties or evolve from operational requirements. This may include but is not limited to:
- be available as a potential member of Teams of Competence regarding Administration and HR working groups within CBM.
- Travel activities ❒ yes
These are your qualifications
- Academic degree in Human Resources, Law, General Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three(3) years’ experience in a similar position within a reputable organisation, preferably a development organisation.
- In depth knowledge and experience of management practices and processes regarding local staff and expatriates
- Experience in operational HR management with a focus on labour law.
- Experience in operating personnel systems, ideally REXX
- Very good knowledge of human nature, empathy, "hands-on" mentality, careful working methods
- Independent, agile and flexible working style
- Good knowledge of English
- Identification with Christian values and the mandate of the CBM
- Reflect CBM values in daily work.
- An effective team player who is able to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and issues.
- Ability to proactively anticipate any potential issues or risks for the office and submit appropriate recommendations to address them.
- Quality results oriented.
- Ability to prioritise tasks efficiently and meet critical priorities.
- Highly organised and self-directed, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision.
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world's leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit
To get started, click on the APPLY NOW button on the CBM job portal!
A Cover letter and CV completes your application.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Your contact person: Mrs. Olachi Cynthia Nzuruba, Tel.: +234 9121649352
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
*Suitability is decisive, gender is irrelevant!