This is a short term consultancy. The Program Officer will coordinate the activities of the supervisors and the data collectors implementing the independent monitoring activities of the school-based deworming programme in 10 select LGAs of Lagos State.
- Providing project-level support and coordinating the activities of the supervisors and data collectors (independent monitors) on the project.
- Ensure the collection and effective distribution of paper survey tools and PPE to the supervisors and independent monitors.
- Monitor the promptness of the supervisors and data collectors to the training and monitoring venues.
- Assist the Project Manager to assign monitors and supervisors to their respective locations
- Support the Client’s facilitators during training sessions.
- Assist in the data audit process, reviewing electronic and paper data.
- Attend frequent review meetings with the Project Manager and other project staff.
- Supervise the submission of data from all data collectors and supervisors at each phase of the project.
- Provide quality assurance to the work submitted by the supervisors from the independent monitors.
- Liaise with the Client’s local office in Lagos State on project-related activities.
- Work with the Project Manager and the Client to collaborate effectively with the State Ministry of Health, Education and any other relevant agency.
- Collaborate with the central team to sort out any project-based issues that may arise.
- A minimum of a BSc from biological science or social science background from a recognized university. MSc holders are preferred.
- Experience managing data collectors and supervisors on health and education-based projects.
- Familiarity with Lagos State (Ajeromi-Ifeledun, Apapa, Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju/Lekki, Kosofe, Lagos Island, Ojo and Shomolu LGAs)
- Fluent in the local language.
- Previous experience in survey work and carrying out questionnaire-based surveys.
- Candidate must be based in Lagos and available for the duration of the project- 8th March to 4th May 2021
- Experience in electronic data collection using open data kit (ODK) or related software.
- Ability to comply with the estimated project timelines and workdays.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this assessment) and Certificates to: email@example.com with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Program Officer- Lagos State”.
Indicate the LGA you are familiar with in the body of your email (Ajeromi-Ifeledun, Apapa, Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju/Lekki, Kosofe, Lagos Island, Ojo and Shomolu).
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.