Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
IDEA Africa (Impact Driven Entrepreneurship Advancement in Africa) is a social enterprise that is focused on enhancing the growth of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) across Africa. Our vision is to be recognized as the leading facilitator for the continent's growth and prosperity through innovative entrepreneurship. By bridging the gap between la...
We are a small entrepreneurial team with a fierce execution culture, and an ambition to constantly create global businesses with scalable products and significant repeatable revenues, out of Nigeria. We have a “no excuses” culture which is based on hardwork, humility, constant communication, and good character. Everything that we do is inspired by these values.
Because we are an entrepreneurial group that work with startups, we look out for anyone who thinks and acts like an entrepreneur and is willing to take on above-average responsibilities. We provide a significant degree of freedom and expect our people to be proactive, responsive, take initiative, have a “can-do” attitude, and possess a strong work ethic.
As Programs Executive, you will act as the point of contact for all activities as it relates to IDEA Africa’s programs and projects. You will work with the team to manage specific projects, coordinate our programs, and project logistics, documentation, partnerships, volunteers, fundraising, communication and overall growth of the organization.
This role includes providing Executive Assistant support to, and taking strategic guidance from the Executive Director.
Business Development & Fundraising 40%
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships.
- Lead in mobilizing resources and fundraising through proposal writing, partnerships, and services.
- Constantly scanning the donor and private sector landscape for opportunities.
- Prepare capacity statements, concept notes, and project proposals ensuring they are in line with the company’s mission and vision.
- Ensure that proposals developed for specific calls are in line with co- financing targets and priorities of the company’s mission and vision.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, mid-term and annual reports to be submitted to the company and donors (existing and prospective).
- Coordinate and maintain the institutional relationships with IDEA Africa’s partners in Nigeria and elsewhere, including public engagement and stakeholder participation in both the start-up and MSMEs space.
- Identify new opportunities for program expansion within Nigeria and other regions in Africa, conducting market research and feasibility studies to support decision-making.
- Explore and develop additional value offerings and entrepreneurship support programs that align with IDEA Africa's mission and vision.
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services - or new ways of reaching existing and potential markets in an effort to grow business and help the company expand.
Program Management & Implementation 40%
- Contribute to the overall development of longer-term strategy and management of the company’s program in Nigeria.
- Ensure all projects under the program pillar achieve their planned outcomes, and provide support towards an effective program implementation framework.
- Anticipate and pro-actively share information within program and project teams and ensure that team members are coordinating effectively over activity planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s quality standards and integration of best practices.
- Ensure that program management information systems are integrated into relevant platforms (database, website, etc.), are maintained accurately and are up to date.
- Ensure delivery of all project reports and donor reports to quality standards and within deadlines.
- Conduct regular assessments of program effectiveness, collect feedback from participants, mentors, and stakeholders, and use data-driven insights to enhance program quality.
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Director in developing and implementing organizational Program Strategy.
Relationships Management 20%
- Identify trends and customer needs, building short/medium/long-term partnerships in accordance with targets.
- Represent company brand to promote services to businesses, INGOs, and prospective clients and partners.
- Disseminate communications and activities including delivering key messages and encouraging engagement from potential and current partners.
- Attend seminars, conferences, and events where appropriate.
- Work with the team to coordinate communications eg Website, Linkedin, press releases, publications, blogs, social media posts in innovative ways, while facilitating effective internal and external communications.
- Measure and communicate the impact of IDEA Africa's programs in driving positive change within the African entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Publish monthly newsletters and distribute via a well curated and regularly updated mailing list.