Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: NGN 0.00 - 0.00 Salary
Location: Yobe, Nigeria
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee has been in Nigeria since October 2012 and came in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with its local partner, Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication (SCOPE), implemented projects to support food security, livelihoods, nutrition, and WASH in Kogi State. Beginning of January 2014, IRC shifted its geographical location to the Northeast, in Adamawa state to provide humanitarian response to the conflict-affected populations. In the Northeast, IRC has three operational offices: Yola and Mubi field offices in Adamawa state and Maiduguri field office in Borno state. The latter office opened in October 2015. In both states, IRC is providing humanitarian support to internally displaced populations hosted in IDP camps, camp-like settings, host communities, and returnee populations.
Job Overview/Summary: The Global Supply Chain Department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and Operations for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, in the aspect of procurement, assets, inventory, and management of the IRC’s GSC policies
Under the direct supervision of the Health Manager and indirectly Senior Pharmacy manager, with technical referent to Supply Chain Manager, the pharmacy technician will be based in Damaturu and will be responsible for:
Overseeing, managing, and auditing medication inventory systems day-to-day pharma warehouse activities to ensure inventories are stocked to meet the needs of patient care while minimizing costs, outdated and to promote efficiency, manage high cost/low use inventory stocking processes to reduce cost and coordinate inventory across all sites of utilization.
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, AND COORDINATION
- Understand, implement and/or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures
- Ensures that all pharmaceuticals purchased through Supply Chain must be received by Supply Chain in the warehouse in coordination with program staff before being delivered or collected by the requesting program
- Ensures that all pharmaceuticals stored in the IRC warehouse must be released by authorized IRC personnel
- Ensures that all cold chain items must be always kept under proper storage conditions and will therefore be prepared at the last minute just before dispatch
- Ensures that quarantined products must be stored in a separate locked area which can be subdivided into different zones for the different kinds of quarantined products (which must be labeled accordingly)
- Maintain the adequacy of storage conditions
- Help with physical inventories
- Help in order preparations and packing to the different health structures (packing, transport…)
- Report discrepancies
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release, and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise supervisor of potential inventory shortage.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings, and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading/unloading procedures, and correct stocking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
Receipt and storage of goods
- Check the number of packages against the cargo manifest, check packaging and cases, and inform the Senior Pharma manager/SC Manager of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Ensure quality inspection is done by the requesting sector both physically and in the system before posting the product receipt.
- Give the cargo manifest, packing list / Waybill, and certificate of the items received to the Senior Pharma Manager, to centralize the filing of these documents.
- Update the stock record cards and Bin cards regularly.
- Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified, and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
Inventory management & Preparation of outgoing items.
- Carry out stock rotation by FIFO /FEFO to ensure no product expires on the stock or becomes obsolete.
- Verify the picking list presented by the program before packing for distribution to field sites
- Ensure goods, and equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Ensure that the shipping areas (by destination) are clearly identified; store goods on shelves or palettes (as necessary), in a clean, tidy, and easily accessible manner.
- Pack (appropriately for the mode of transport chosen), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, waybill number, weight, and mode of transport), and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the instructions of the Senior Pharma Manager/SC Manager.
- Update the WH register, and bin cards immediately after stock has been moved to their inventory locations
Stock Management and Administration
- Ensure that all necessary information is correctly and fully recorded on the stock cards: IRC code, batch number, expiry date, date of receipt or delivery, stock balance (incoming/outgoing), receipt, and delivery document reference numbers.
- Complete all the product receipt processes in Integra and posting required during reception of stock
- In conjunction with the senior Pharma Manager/Log Manager, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency defined in the SOP
- Inform the Senior Pharma Manager when the stock of goods is nearing the minimum or maximum threshold, and regularly provide the Senior Pharma Manager and Health Coordinator with a list of the items with expiry dates within the next six months.
- Monitor the temperature of the warehouse and ensure that products requiring cold chain (vaccines) are always stored at a suitable temperature (between +2°C and +8°C) - manually record T twice daily - Report any deviation, using the cold chain breach report.
- Prepare the cold chain boxes as per the Cold chain SOP
- Ensure the availability of enough icepacks and clean cold-chain containers for the activities.
- Ensure cleaning, defrosting, and maintenance of fridges
- Medical waste management: Prepare the list of expired drugs and items and inform the Senior Pharma Manager/SCC and Health Coordinator. Ensure safe storage of expired drugs/items
- Prepare a weekly/monthly report of movements of goods (incoming/outgoing) in the warehouse and submit a report to the Senior Pharmacy Manager, SC Manager, and Health Manager
- Immediately inform the Senior Pharma Manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly regarding damage, loss, attempted break-ins, or theft in the warehouse.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit a report to the Senior Pharma Manager/Logistics manager in a timely
- Carry out various maintenance tasks
- Ensure that the warehouse is kept in good condition (cleaning).
- To check and control the pest infestation
- Keep and file all WH documents (reception, dispatch, complaints forms, maintenance activities and calibration of thermometers, WH register, cleaning records, etc.)
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to Health Manager
Position directly supervises: WH Intern
Indirect Reporting: SC Manager
technical referent: Senior Pharmacy Manager
Education: Pharmaceutical Technology Diploma or equivalent in Logistics, Pharma warehousing, Business Administration, or related field
Work Experience: At least 1 year of work experience in supply chain operations (Warehouse/Inventory).
Prior experience of working in Logistics, Inventory, or Warehouse related Positions in a multi-cultural environment.
Working Environment: The position will work in the Damaturu Base Office with possible travel and support to base offices, the candidate must have a high level of flexibility and strength to be able to work under pressure and meets datelines with a strong ability of multi-tasking, team spirit and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in high-pressure situations, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to coach and support others, and a strong sense of personal integrity.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills (MS word, excel, PowerPoint, and outlook). Competency in database and GPS and asset
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.