Location: Maiduguri with travel across BAY states as required
Report to: MEAL Team Lead
Specification: Nigerian Nationals Only (Female applicant encouraged to apply)
Starting from: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension
Street Child is looking for a dedicated MEAL Officer for our programmes across the BAY States (Borno Adamawa and Yoba) of Nigeria, with a specific focus on information management. Street Child programme portfolio is delivered in collaboration with national and local partners and centres on providing education in emergencies to conflict effected children, integrated with child protection and economic empowerment. This role will be based in Street Child’s Maiduguri office, with frequent travel required to other BAY states.
Under the guidance of MEAL Team Lead, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer will be responsible for development and management of the Information Management System ensuring accuracy and validation of data. With support from the MEAL Team Lead, the MEAL officer will be responsible for analysis, presentation, and feedback of data to project teams for supporting the informed project decision making process. The role will also ensure that all data is accurately and ethically collected and stored in strict adherence to Street Child’s data protection policy. The MEAL officer will work in close collaboration with the MEAL Team Lead, Project Managers, Country program team and civil society organizations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the information management system, ensuring accurate input by project, analysis of data and feedback to the project team.
- Ensure validation of data highlighting any quality issues, and contribute to system fixes
- Ensure data is visually well presented and easy to interpret.
- Maintain existing indicator tracking tools; develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions
- Develop, implement, and assess monitoring frameworks for all organization's partnerships and projects, as well as for funding proposals
- Facilitate design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during annual work-planning process
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals
- Contribute to the development of annual and quarterly work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities
- Ensure adherence to specific monitoring and reporting requirements
- Coordinate responses to requests for information
- Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products
- Ensure a unified approach to partner self-assessment and programmatic close-out reporting
- Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned; and champion the scaling up best practices
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting; provide training as needed
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organization
Requirement, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, Information Technology, or Computer Science is preferred
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
- Experience in data analysis and data visualization with SPSS/Stata/SAS/MaxQDA and tableau/PowerBI.
- Experience in software development (preferably full stack) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Ability to manage critical relationships with diplomacy and tact and engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational. and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Computer proficiency
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to diverse audiences;
- Ability to design and implement efficient work flows and procedures
If you are a self-motivated individual, who also believes in the mission and vision of this organization and meet the above-mentioned skills and qualifications please send your updated CV with three (3) references and a cover letter explaining why you believe you qualify for this job at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29 August 2022. The subject should clearly mention, “Application for Position of MEAL Officer”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Female candidates and candidates form local areas, minority community, groups and cast are highly encouraged to apply. Street Child of Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.