The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS w...
Read more about this company
Provide effective financial and accounting support to JRS and report to the Finance Officer, manage various financial and accounting systems, processes and procedures while adhering to all financial policies as well as good accounting practices.
Assist with audit preparation, auditor reviews and implementation of recommendations as directed. Assist in budget development, account balance management, tax remittance, tax return compilation and activity budget reviews
Key Responsibilities of the Position
- Assist in the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining donor agreements and staff contracts.
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, assist in developing financial reports.
- Obtain approvals from the Finance Officer, Project Directors and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Assist in providing orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- Assist in financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
- Assist with or lead bank reconciliations, petty cash management, voucher compilation and upload and cost projections.
- Ensure proper documentation reviews of all payment requests and vouchers, proper filing and completeness of field voucher files.
- Review transactions for cost reasonableness, allowability and allocability.
- Assist with audit preparation, auditor reviews and implementation of recommendations as directed.
- Expenditure tracking with the use of JRS Navision
- Create the physical archiving of accounting documents and their possible dispatch
All other duties as assigned.
Have a University Degree (minimum BSC) in the chosen field of intervention: economics, management, accounting, audit and other relevant certifications.
Experience and Qualification
- Work experience of at least 1 year in the field of humanitarian and/or as a cashier or administrative assistant in financial management.
- Experience in preparing proposals and budgeting projects and then financial reports
- Experience in Nigerian Tax law would be an added advantage
- Experience building sophisticated financial tracking and reporting systems
- Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Knowledge in Financial analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Works effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Fluent English skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Local language would be an added advantage.
Only qualified candidates would be contacted.