The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management su...
Read more about this company
INSO Nigeria Country Office
Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong country wide approach, supporting NGOs working on Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries. The coordination office operates from Abuja overseeing two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria and in Maroua, Cameroon.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as (Domestic Support) to be based (Maiduguri).
The purpose of this position is to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the office and environment and the INSO guest house. The Domestic Support also supports for basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases. This position reports to the INSO Field Office Administrator.
The Domestic Support position is a highly rewarding role, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving support in relation to the provision of safety services to the NGO community.
- To clean the office and guest house building as directed by the Field Admin Officer
- Do Laundry of guesthouse clothing’s (clothes, curtains, sheets, towels etc.)
- Maintain the cleanliness of the interior areas of the office and the guest house including offices, rooms, kitchen facilities and equipment, waiting areas, bathrooms, car garage, storage area, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of exterior areas of the office and guesthouse including sweeping, watering of plants, garbage disposal, weeding of flower beds, cleaning of generator house, etc.
- Identify any repairs in the guest house and office area and report to supervisor immediately
- Arrange conference room for meetings
- Update stock card for items purchased and kept in the store
- To assist the Field Admin Officer in ensuring adequate supplies within the facility.
- To assist the Field Admin Officer in Procurement processes, including purchase of supplies need of the office.
- To assist the Field Admin Officer to monitor and report on potential safety or maintenance issues.
- Understands basic hygiene and professional cleaning procedures
- Ability to operate a washing machine
- 2-year work experience as a domestic support/Cleaner
- Awareness of hygiene and safety procedures
- Ability to multi-task and in a team
- Advance knowledge of cleaning processes
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Basic Computer literate.
- Hands must be clean before touching/washing kitchen utensils
- All dirty utensils must be washed and kept away in the storage twice day
- All Kitchen counter tops must be cleaned thoroughly twice a day
- All toilets sink and tubs must be disinfected and cleaned thoroughly twice a day
- Office and guest house dust bins must be emptied twice a day
- 3 years’ work experience as a Domestic support or Cleaner.
- 2 Years’ work experience as Hotel cleaner and Janitor
Key Personal Competencies
- A good listener
- A good communicator
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and loyal