Our client, a financial investment and education Company with a large online community-based investment club is looking to hire a Chief Technology Officer(CTO).
We are looking to hire a CTO who will play a key role as a member of the senior management team to assess, recommend and lead the development and deployment of technologies that support the company’s organizational needs. The CTO will be responsible for establishing governance processes, direction, and control to ensure that risks are managed appropriately, and that the organization's resources are used responsibly, particularly in the area of software development, data and network security.
You will take ownership of product development, communicating direction to team members, architecting innovative solutions, and overcoming technical obstacles to drive successful deployments and create long term customer value.
- Lead the use of technology and innovation to drive corporate objectives at Twelvevest
- Collaborate with the founder and management to identify opportunities and risks for delivering on the company's vision through technology
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms, including web and mobile application frameworks and the deployment stack for delivering the company’s services
- Lead strategic planning and achievement of business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web and mobile based services.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company's data and servers.
- Ensure timely backup and storage of all-important company data
- Collaborate with senior management and potential customers to develop use cases (or user stories) and specifications that describe the implementation of the company's services as a web or mobile application.
- Take an active role in the recruitment/selection and management of the tech outsourcing company, developers, and designers responsible for the applications
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Establish a customer service and support process that integrates customer service and support with the software engineering process and support the resolution of customer issues to improve application usability.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and solutions to the internal tech team and outsourced developers
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff and ensure continuous knowledge transfer between team members.
- Build culture of creativity, innovation, high performance, continuous improvement, and commitment to quality service delivery within the team
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization's board, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Minimum BSc in relevant degree
- Over 7 years practical experience in software development
- Experience leading a team of software developers and designers
- Experience leading the development and deployment of enterprise-wide applications, fin-tech and other complex web and mobile applications
- Experience working within a fin-tech company or other tech start-up would be an added advantage
- Knowledge and hands-on practical experience in:
Backend, mobile and frontend technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Good leadership skills and ability to coordinate team to achieve set objectives
- Ability to see the big picture and plan out details
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, meet deadlines on a consistent basis and drive actions to closure
- Desire to take responsibility to deliver good quality software in a timely manner.
- Interest and curiosity in new technologies
- Experience with Product Development and building the architecture of the product.
Pay: NGN 500,000 and above(Negotiable).
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.