The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS
) - The Global Fund is a 21st century organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria as epidemics. As a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases, the Global Fund mobilizes and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in more than 140 countries. By challenging barriers and embracing innovative approaches, we are working together to better serve people affected by the diseases.
Vacancy code: VA/2018/B5104/15811
Partner: Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
Job categories: Project Management
Department/office: MR, AMM, Amman
Contract type: Others
Contract level: Other
Duration Fixed: Term
- The Islamic Development Bank(IDB) is an international Islamic multilateral development financial institution established in 1974 that aims to foster the economic development and social progress of member countries and Muslim communities.
- The purpose of IDB is to foster the economic development and social progress of member countries and Muslim communities individually as well as jointly in accordance with the principles of Shari'ah i.e., Islamic Law.
- Being part of IDB, you will work to achieve our mission to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
- Conduct day-to-day project and technical assistance operations management activities under the guidance of Project Team Leader within approved costs, timeliness and quality, to ensure efficient execution of the bank’s mandate to support economic development in the associated member and non-member countries.
- Responsible for day-to-day communication, monitoring, and implementation support to the project management units and executing agencies; supervision of project contract management and financial management; preparation of implementation reports to the bank management, and proactive mitigation of project implementation issues.
- In addition, provide support in: project preparation and appraisal, project and portfolio quality review, procurement review, and disbursement process.
- Contribute to knowledge management agenda by identifying lessons learned from the projects.
- Provide support to the Project Team Leader in the execution of project preparations and appraisals to ensure comprehensive coverage of the technical, financial, procurement, institutional, economic, social, and environmental aspects of project proposals in line with the operations manual and applicable policies/procedures of the bank.
Project Implementation and Monitoring:
- Coordinate with respective Project Team Leader in all aspects across the project lifecycle.
- Maintain adequate, up-to-date, and accurate project information and key records in the bank’s operations management system.
- Assess implementation arrangement of Bank’s approved operations, and provide recommendation on bank’s position to relevant authorities.
- Contribute to maintenance of project implementation plans to ensure ongoing monitoring of project progress, pro-active identification of issues, recommendation and implementation of action plans to resolve issues promptly.
- Review implementation quality and progress of Bank’s approved operations, and provide recommendations on actions to improve to relevant authorities.
- Provide input to the relevant Procurement and Financial Management staff in their respective duty ensuring procurement and financial management of projects are in line with the policies of the bank
- Assess contract management and financial management activities of projects, and provide recommendation on bank’s position to relevant authorities.
Project Closure and Review:
- Provide input to Task Team Leader in the development of project completion reports at the completion of each project, to ensure key issues faced and the lessons learned are documented for reference in future projects.
- Compile input to Sectoral Teams in Global Practices, Knowledge Management and the Institutional Learning Unit to ensure lessons learned are recorded for reference in future projects.
General Project Management:
- Provide input to Project Team Leader regarding the operational cycle of projects to ensure necessary operational policy and procedural improvements are implemented.
- Support Project Team Leader in engaging external expertise according to the bank’s procurement policy, to complement internal resources ensuring quality project due diligence, implementation, and lessons mining.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business, Social Sciences or related field, preferably with Master's Degree or equivalent.
- 4-6 years of experience in project management in the development sector
- Experience in facilitating project appraisals, which includes preparing project appraisal documents and reviewing the technical and financing requirement is required.
- Experience in supporting project monitoring and performance reviews is required.
- Experience in any Multilateral Development Institutions is desired.
- Fluency in English and French languages is required.
- Building Relationships
- Client Centricity and Responsiveness
- Passion for Excellence
- Communication Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management / Client Orientation
- Vendor Management
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Contract Management
- Financial Management
Contract type, level and duration:
- Contract type: Equivalent to ICSC 8
- Contract duration: Fixed Term
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- Work life harmonization: UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types.