The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Location: Yola, Adamawa
About the Job
- The incumbent will oversee the support function including the overall Ngala Office, Guest House and Office, coordinate with stakeholders on ground and support program team as necessary. The positions work closely with Roving Admin Assistant, roving finance and logistics and reports directly to the Logistics Manager in Maiduguri.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Prepare the bank transfer instructions for suppliers’ payment for Yola/Mubi office.
- Collect financial information from program team for the forecast purpose
- Prepare the monthly cash flow forecast and send it to the Senior Accountant Officer/finance Manager.
- Receive, check the eligibility of invoices presented in payment, identifying mistakes and missing documentation to be completed in compliance with DRC procurement procedures and budget monitoring;
- Check the justification of operational advances before making payment and ensure of the settlement in a reasonable time.
- Ensure monthly scanning of the accounting documents and save them on finance hard drive and drop box.
- Update monthly the scan report and share it with the Senior Accountant Officer and Finance Manager.
- Ensure that the withholding taxes is well calculated, recorded in the cash book and paid at monthly basis.
- Participate in audits preparation/execution (compilation of audit requirements)
- To be successful in this role we expect you to be professional, truly meet standards and proactive approach towards problem solving
- All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following
- Experience working in local or international Non-Governmental (INGO) is considered as an asset.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience in general accounting, finance, and clerical experience is needed
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a team to achieve work priorities and objectives.
- Enthusiasm as a team player, who is flexible, always ready to take on new challenges and drives for results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and deliver under pressure
- A Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Etc.) is considerable
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- The knowledge of local Language is also an asset
- Contract length: 1 year
- Level: SB 4-Step 1
- Designation of Duty Station: Yola
- Start Date: ASAP
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Candidates will provide the following:
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Protection Coordinator”.
- The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise will not be considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian National only.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.