- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Cashier at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Posted on: 15 May, 2018
Deadline: 27 May, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Cashier reports to the Snr. Finance Officer in Maiduguri. She/He provide Support in term of field payments and she/he is responsible for archiving all the finance documents. She/he serves as back up to finance assistance in regard to cashbook entries She/he Works within the financial procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation. The Cashier supports the Senior Finance Officer with reports for senior management in country.
- Ensures that all documents are correct before paying;
- Ensures that payment request / receipts are properly documented
- Ensures that payments correspond to receipts and payment requests;
- Ensures that payment requests are duly signed;
- Ensures that the cash box is ready for inspection at any time;
- Assists the Field Finance assistant for paying daily hires wages
- Reports any unbalance
- File vouchers organized by month as per DRC requirements
- Cross check the quality and completeness of support documents
- Highlight any missing documents and communicate to Snr.finance officer
- Print the monthly cover sheet and attach to related documents
- Scanning of all financial documents
- Ensure that the voucher are named and saved as per DRC procedures
- Any other task assigned by the AM or Snr. Finance Officer.
- Technical College (Govt. approved) diploma in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration
- At least 1-2 years’ work experience in field of finance/accounting/book keeping in an NGO or the commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas)
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Candidates will provide the following:
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Protection Coordinator”.
- The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise will not be considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian National only.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Recent Jobs from Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- IT Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Human Resources & Administrative Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Finance Assistant at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Protection Information Management Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- HR Specialist at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Know More About Danish Refugee Council (DRC)Similar Jobs
- Accounts / Data Clerk at Twin Star Industries Limited
- Account Graduate Trainee at Tizeti Network Limited
- Cashier at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Finance Assistant at Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Experienced Hire at MyJobMag Limited
- Audit Staff at Dara Ajayi & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Factory Accountant at Victoria Water Services Limited
- Accountant/ Administrative Officer at Summit Orthopaedics