General Manager at Cross Country Limited
Posted on: 16 April, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at Cross Country Limited
Cross Country Limited is a holding company for a number of subsidiaries with interests in key sectors of Nigeria’s economy. As a Management outpost, it synthesizes the managerial and strategic needs of the subsidiaries, drives the vision and positions the firms for competitiveness.The business believes that Nigeria, in spite of its seeming vulnerabilities, holds the greatest market potential for any perceptive investor. Our company is, therefore, motivated to continually scout for new opportunities and developing same into very profitable entities.We aspire to be among the nation’s top ranked business entity in a decade, propelling progress in all facets of live. Our successes are people-driven, both internally and externally. We spare nothing to build the capacity of our team to lead change and cultivate a passion to deliver superior value to our customers.
- Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints.
- Serve as contact persons for all workers within assigned territories.
- Implement schedule and policy changes.
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Direct procurement processes, including equipment research and testing, vendor contracts, and requisitions approval.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits.
Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Direct and coordinate, through subordinates, activities of operations department in order to obtain use of equipment, facilities, and human resources.
- Direct activities of staff performing repairs and maintenance to equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
- Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits and improving services.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
Set operations policies and standards, including determination of safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods.
- Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property in order to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
- Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes.
- Conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as hazardous material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement.
- Participate in settlements of grievances.
- Provide administrative and technical assistance to those receiving transportation-related grants.
- Experience in transportation industry is key and a criteria for shortlisting.
Method of Application
Please note: If we do not contact you within the next 3 weeks of your application, please consider that your application was unsuccessful and not shortlisted.
- Know More About Cross Country LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Receptionist at Proten
- Head, Underwriter at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Female Office Assistant at Linkme.ng
- Organizational Development Manager at Stresert Services Limited
- Receptionist at Kennedia Consulting
- Experienced Hire at Esporta Suites Hotel and Resorts Ltd
- Chief Operating Officer at Western Development Company Limited (WDCL)
- Administrative Officer at Western Development Company Limited (WDCL)