IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Real Estate and Facility Manager
Reports To: Head, Real Estate and Facility Management
- This role is responsible for managing the operations and maintenance of all facilities in-use, as well as various contractors, to ensure the effective delivery of facility-related services which meet or exceed customer expectations.
- The role also manages activities related to the provision of office supplies and logistics support, and negotiates with contractors for the provision of various facilities management services.
- Define facilities guidelines and policies, including policies related to leased buildings, sites, etc to ensure policies are implemented.
- Manage contractors for various administrative services e.g. cleaning services, mail, catering, etc. in the business.
- Manage facilities' maintenance, repair, renovation etc. and manage contractors for cleaning services, gardening, security, mail distribution, etc
- Manage the lease contracts of any rented/leased buildings/assets/sites for business (e.g. renewal, etc.
- Monitor and manage the payment process (e.g. office leases, contractor payments, etc.)
- Manage the administration of all meetings and conference facilities.
- Manage the provisioning of services for Group Head-Office staff (e.g. telephone extensions and sets, office furniture allocation/ relocation, IT services and equipment, other office equipment, etc.)
- Manage fixed assets (e.g. furniture, office equipment, etc.)
- Develop capital equipment plans for replacement, modification, or acquisition of new equipment, to ensure that all equipment meets the quality standards for operational condition.
- Manage the effective planning and allocation of all resources and implementation of appropriate standards and controls to ensure that all facilities management activities meet or exceed customer expectations and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of relevant global/regional trends and best practices in the industry/segment.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Document the company’s short- and long-term infrastructure/ facility requirements.
- Participate in the acquisition and/ or leasing of facilities to meet the identified needs of the organization.
- Provide inputs to the administration of facilities maintenance contracts/ lease agreements.
- Assist to ensure the maintenance of equipment, utilities, office facilities and other property/real estate.
- Ensure that facility management practices align with defined health, safety, and environment standards
- Facilitate regular facility status checks/ logs across the organization and ensure adequate and timely tracking, maintenance, and provision of utilities.
- Liaise with procurement division for the procurement of diesel for the generators.
- Manage the storage of diesel and ensure adequate monitoring of stock level.
- Organize the monitoring and tracking of facility/utility/property status across the organization.
- Coordinate office cleaning, gardening, and other janitorial services by relevant vendors.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc in relevant field.
- A qualification in engineering plus professional certification is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating in the subject the Name and Location of the role