Provost at Federal College of Education, Kano
Posted on: 13 March, 2018
Deadline: 24 April, 2018
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Federal College of Education, Kano
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Federal College of Education, Kano - The Governing Council of Federal College of Education, Kano, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the position below:
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations, positive managerial attributes and ability to attract funds to the College, both locally and internationally.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive Officer of the College. He or she is required to provide sound academic, administrative and professional leadership to the College in executing the policies laid down by the Governing Council towards the attainment of the mission and vision of the College. Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel finances and infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly.
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with the financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Council’s decisions/directives under sound financial discipline and management.
- He or she shall foster good rapport with the Federal Ministry of Education. National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE), Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TetFund) and other bodies that the College relates with for the smooth conduct of its affairs.
- Candidate should possess a Doctorate Degree from a recognized University in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College. He/she should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education.
- The possession of a Professional Teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), is MANDATORY. Registration as a professional teacher with the TRCN will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must not be above sixty (60) years of age at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience in an Institution of higher learning; and in addition must have also held senior teaching, research and high administrative posts in a Tertiary Institution as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer with at least five(5) years cognate experience.
- Candidate must be of good conduct and character, and possess high sense of discipline and dedication. He or she must be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College. He or she must be someone who is not likely to promote personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests.
- Candidate must he proficient in ICT skills and packages.
- Candidate must be a person of vision, a goal setter who can produce and execute a strategic plan for the College. In addition, he/she must have drive and resourcefulness in attracting funds to the College
- Candidate must have evidence of community service both at local and national level.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the 4’irst instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term of four (4) years and no more.
- The salary attached to the post is according to a special scheme of service and is consolidated.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit in twenty (20) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following information:
- Full names, Surname underlined.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- Marital Status
- Number and Age of Children
- Geo-Political Zone
- State of Origin
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Educational institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Work Experience in chronological sequence with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Extra-Curricular Activities/Hobbies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of which must be the present employer
Applications should be forwarded to the Registrar/Secretary to Council in a sealed envelope labelled "Post of Bursar" to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Federal College of Education,
In addition, candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to send Confidential Reports on them to the Registrar/Secretary to Council to be received on or before the closing date.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Recent Jobs from Federal College of Education, Kano
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Bursar at Federal College of Education, Kano
- Know More About Federal College of Education, KanoSimilar Jobs
- Archiving & Filing Officer at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Liaison Officers at Kennedia Consulting
- Basic Science Teacher at Jesuit Memorial College
- English Language Teacher at Jesuit Memorial College
- Chaplaincy Secretary at Jesuit Memorial College
- Receptionist at Stresert Services Limited
- Front Desk/Receptionist at Byteworks
- Admin Officer at Byteworks