Programme Manager at Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS)
Posted on: 13 February, 2018
Deadline: 27 February, 2018
View Jobs in Professional / Social Associations
View All Jobs at Nigerian Academy of Science
The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) is the foremost independent scientific body in Nigeria. It is a national not-for-profit organization with the mission of strengthening the nation’s ability to deliver the fruits of science to society by the acquisition, growth, and dissemination of Sound scientific knowledge, and facilitation of its use in the solution of major national problems. In furtherance of its mission, the NAS is recruiting for the under-listed position:
- Responsible for developing and managing the convening and consensus activities of The Academy (e.g. workshops, studies, fora, stakeholder meetings etc.)
- Ensures proper documentation of all research findings and output from The Academy
- Organises internal and external reviews of reports and ensures prompt publication of these reports to international standards.
- Oversees project/programme execution
- Designs and manages programme activities of minimal/moderate complexity
- Develops project implementation strategies and budgets
- Ensures project implementation meets objectives
- Ensures The Academy’s programme activities meet strategic goals
- Conducts and supports scientific (healthcare) research
- Prepares background papers and technical summaries
- Coordinates science-based meetings and workshops
- Synthesizes and edits research findings and technical data, and determines relevance of the data.
- Conducts background research on topics and writes proposals for new programmes/projects
- Drafts materials and reports for final publication Contributes technical knowledge to proposal development
- Manages dissemination of technical reports
- Manages The Academy’s intellectual products
- Supports the Council in strengthening The Academy’s relationship with the scientific community
- Oversees the preparation of publications including reports, brochures, newsletters, and journals.
- Supports fund raising Develops/brochures prospectuses to raise funds for new projects or project components
- Prepares reports of meetings and other Academy activities
Qualifications and Experience
- A good First University degree in the Sciences
- An advanced post-graduate degree in the sciences would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-qualification experience -2 of which must have been spent at Strategic Senior Management level in a program management role in a research organisatiori or a donor funded initiative.
- Strategic perspective
- Scientific knowledge
- Business and financial acumen
- Alliance management
- Conflict resolution Coaching
- Oral communication & written communication
- Leadership Organisational awareness
- Customer orientation
- Scientific advocacy & policy knowledge
- Work planning attributes
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Innovation & creativity
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Resumes (prepared as a Microsoft Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the "Job Title - Your Surname & Initials" as the subject of the email. e.g "Programme Officer - Oguaghamba C.S".
Note: All applications will be treated with strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Programme Officer at Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS)
- Know More About Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS)Similar Jobs
- Support Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Chief Operating Officer - Commodity Export at Pivotage Consulting
- Head of Claims at Pivotage Consulting
- General Manager at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Regional Manager at Health Plus Limited
- Executive Assistant to the CEO at Health Plus Limited
- Head of Operations at Townserve Microfinance Bank Limited
- Head of Operations at MLS Marketing Company Limited