Education in Emergency Officer at Plan International
Posted on: 16 November, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Plan International
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Education in Emergency Officer
Ref Id: 24901
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of Contract: 2 years
- The purpose of this role is to support the pilot mobile Education in Emergency (EIE) project
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in mobile EiE units desirable but not essential
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Languages: Excellent command of English language
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recent Jobs from Plan International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Staff Safety & Security Manager at Plan International
- Know More About Plan InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Senior Education Manager at Creative Associates International
- University Librarian at Tai Solarin University of Education
- Registrar at Tai Solarin University of Education
- IELTS Examiners at British Council
- Voice Instructor (Vocal Coach) at Mikary Music Academy
- Commerce Teacher at Diadem College
- Vice Principal at Diadem College
- Business Studies Teacher at Diadem College