Project Administrator at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
Posted on: 13 November, 2017
Deadline: 27 November, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at COOPI - Cooperazione Internaziona
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 12 months renewable
Starting Date: ASAP
Context and Background
- Since the declaration of state of emergency in the Nigerian federal States of Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa, the escalation of the Boko Haram insurgency has led to multiple displacement crises, with communities fleeing their area of origin to take refuge in camps or host communities.
- In 2014 there was a substantial increase in violence related to Boko Haram and the counter insurgency operations, consequently creating acute and largely unmet humanitarian needs, as IDPs are cut off from their homes and livelihoods, basic services, kinship and social ties.
- In September 2014, COOPI began operating in north eastern Nigeria in response to the humanitarian crisis caused by the insurgency, established its operation in Bauchi State and later expanded to Yobe State considering the heightened presence of IDPs in the LGAs of Fika, Damaturu, Potiskum, Geidam and Yunusari.
- Recently, COOPI initiated a Food Security and Nutrition intervention in Kaga LGA (Borno State) and establishes a presence in Maiduguri to launch an Education and Protection projects.
- COOPI is currently operating in 5 LGAs in Yobe State, reaching about 25,000 individuals among IDPs and host communities with a multi-sectoral intervention covering nutrition, food security and child protection.
- COOPI has recently developed a cash & voucher based response system in Nigeria to address the food insecure communities while integrating this approach with a nutrition component – community outreach, referral system, IYCF campaign and appropriate therapeutic services addressed to malnourished children and pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Given the unfolding large scale emergency in the north eastern Nigeria, COOPI plans to scale up its current operations in Yobe state and reach newly accessible areas, in addition to areas receiving Nigerian returnees from Niger, with its multi-sectoral services including food security, cash transfer programming, nutrition and protection.
- He/she is responsible for the project’s execution, in technical, economic/financial terms, and in terms of resources management on field, in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures.
- Ensure compliance with financial and other requirements set by the Donors (USAid - OFDA - Food for Peace) and COOPI internal financial and administrative procedures.
- Monitor cash flows and supervise petty cash handling.
- Ensure proper administration for outstanding debtors and creditors, follow-up overdue and signal potential problems in timely manner.
- Produce monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly projects’ financial reports
- Control and assure compliance of program expenditures with program budgets.
- Prepare payment vouchers and verify supporting documents for project and administrative expenditure. Ensure classification of all financial information and documents in accordance with the projects and respective budget lines.
- Ensure appropriate filing system of financial documentation is in place, accurate and updated.
- Provide timely and systematic monitoring of program expenditures as well as timely budget program forecasts.
- Prepare, on a monthly basis, financial reports and/or requests to be sent to COOPI Milan HQs.
- Supervise and manage program staff: supervise preparation of contracts for personnel staff. Manage contracts of local and international staff and supervise administration staff.
- Application of mechanisms relative to any on the job training of personnel working on the project.
- Coordinate and supervise overall policy implementation for the human resources of Salima base, included Labour Law application, recruitment and that staff salaries are effectively paid to eligible staff and an audit trail of records is maintained.
- Supervise preparation of lease contracts, contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the program. Ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked.
- Supervise appropriateness and updating of all procurement documentation at the various steps of the procurement process. Ensure budget availability of expenditures and that appropriate authorizations are in place
- Ensure that taxes are timely remitted to relevant authorities.
- Bring-up date the stock inventory.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Business or Technical Sciences.
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in emergency context or in a similar position and in managing USAid funded projects.
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage.
- Previous work experience in the region is a plus.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Proven capacity to work in a team is essential. Experience in managing staff is an advantage.
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure.
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments a plus.
- Fluency in English language.
- Computer literate.
- Recent Jobs from COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Protection Project Manager, UNICEF at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Logistics Coordinator at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Know More About COOPI - Cooperazione InternazionaleSimilar Jobs
- Program Officer at The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Case Worker at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Adolescent, Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Coordinator at Save The Children
- Senior Programme Coordinator - Policy & Advocacy at Christian Aid
- Reproductive Health Manager at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Project Director at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- National Consultant (HSS/Early Recovery Project) at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Project Coordinator at Plan International