Site Master Electrician at SAB Miller
Posted on: 13 November, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at SAB Miller
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Site Master Electrician
Reference Number: ABI46
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Site Master Electrician will:
- Maintain a safe, Healthy and Risk Free Working Environment
- Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations
- Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving
- Where requested, provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams
- Take part in Projects, minimise risk and high electrical consumptions.
- Ensure the site electrical metering measuring system is correct and up to standard (all reading are correct
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner and assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks during planned maintenance windows
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the Technician in accordance with the CM.
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs.
- Take part, as functional expert, in FFA's on request
- Contribute to Self and Team development and Communicate effectively in the Work place
Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of OND or equivalent in Electrical Electronics
- Trade test qualification: Electrical or Millwright.
- Must have a master electrical certificate or equivalent
- Must have at least 5-8 years experience as a master electrician.
- Must have worked on medium voltage (1000v-33 000v)
- Must have experience in switching and access
- Knowledge or experience of working in a production environment particularly in FMCG.
- Knowledge or experience of working in the Substation would be of advantage.
- MV switching qualification.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Systemic and Analytical problem-solver
- Good leadership Potential
- Good understanding of modern maintenance practices and maintenance system
- Good knowledge of production processes and technologies
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance
- Acts with integrity
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from SAB Miller
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Brewing Instrument Technician at SAB Miller
- Laboratory Instrument Technician at SAB Miller
- Packaging Instrument Artisan at SAB Miller
- Brewing Maintenance Controller, Electrical/Control and Automation at SAB Miller
- Packaging Maintenance Controller - Electrical/Control and Automation at SAB Miller
- Brewing Maintenance Planner at SAB Miller
- Energy Fluids Instrument Technician at SAB Miller
- Brewing Team Leader at SAB Miller
- Packaging Maintenance Controller - Mechanical at SAB Miller
- Brewing Maintenance Controller - Mechanical at SAB Miller
- Packaging Maintenance Planner at SAB Miller
- Utilities Maintenance Planner at SAB Miller
- Packaging Machine Specialist at SAB Miller
- Condition Monitoring Specialist at SAB Miller
- Brewing Specialist at SAB Miller
- Packaging Team Leader at SAB Miller
- Know More About SAB MillerSimilar Jobs
- Vaccine Cold Chain System Technician at eHealth Systems Africa
- Watsan Team Leader at Solidarites International
- Site/Civil Engineer at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Operator (Palletizers) at Workforce Management Centre
- Operator (Movement) at Workforce Management Centre
- Engineering Technician at Workforce Management Centre
- Engineering Team Lead at Workforce Management Centre
- Production Manager at Workforce Management Centre