SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Brewing Maintenance Controller - Mechanical
Reference Number: ABI27
Work Level: Junior Management
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Brewing Maintenance Controller will:
- Optimise Plant and Equipment availability and reliability
- Optimise process performance.
- Manage planned maintenance system integrity and optimal usage
- Facilitate problem solving and decision making
- Optimise team performance
- Ensure that all team members are fully conversant with the manufacturing way and/or VPO and Global Evaluation of Manufacturing (Gem)
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of HND/BEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Mechanical Technician or 4-5 years’ experience as Mechanical Artisan within the Brewing Industry.
- Maintenance Planner’s experience will be an added advantage
- Must be computer literate
Key competencies and attributes:
- Good leadership potential
- Knowledge of Manufacturing way and/or VPO strategies and initiatives
- Good knowledge of Brewing production processes and technologies
- Familiarity with maintenance systems eg. COSWIN
- Analytical problem solver
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance practices
- Act with integrity
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.