Market Research Analyst at Ernst and Young
Posted on: 11 October, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Ernst and Young
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Market Research Analyst
- The successful candidate will deliver high quality, impactful research and analysis to assigned projects that enable internal customers build client relationships, win pursuits, deliver on engagements, and strengthen the brand and reputation of EY in the industry.
The candidates will:
- Produce a range of analysis work to support the firm’s strategic decisions on industries, companies and emerging business topics. Must demonstrate and apply strong subject knowledge to deliverables
- Support engagement with stakeholders and internal customers to provide them with a clear perspective on the issues, challenges and opportunities in the market, through impactful research and analysis on the implications of those trends for EY and its clients.
- Proactively alert stakeholders and internal customers regarding changes amongst key clients and competitors, and assess the implications of those changes for key stakeholders and their teams.
- Develop relationships with manager / senior manager-level stakeholders in account / service line / solution teams and collaborates with these colleagues to deliver research, analysis and insights that support business development activities and service delivery to clients (including for relationship building initiatives and specific engagements).
- Provide research and analysis support to major pursuits, including working with other EY Knowledge and Global Markets teams to deliver relevant analysis on market sizing, market share and market performance.
- Continuously develop and hone his / her knowledge on the assigned industry and generate original ideas for research and analysis
- Identify cross-sector point of view (POV) sharing opportunities and seeks opportunities to collaborate with other teams on issues that cut across EY's business activities.
- Support the collection of benchmarking data from pursuits, engagements and proprietary research to enhance the depth of data available on the EY Benchmarking database and to the broader firm, and use data from EY Benchmarking to support domain priorities.
- Strong focus on research competency with active participation in R&D competency development offerings related to research leading practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Able to synthesize and analyze information coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources across the business to deliver impactful analysis that supports business priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to use both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methodologies, including financial analysis skills, to synthesize information, review data inputs and provide meaningful analysis on the subject.
- Adept at using strategically sound analytical methodologies and capable of coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills in research, analysis, data analytics and visualization.
- Able to grasp the firm’s go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support the business, and how analytics and measurement enables exceptional client service and high performing teams.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including financial analysis skills
- Good project and time management skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience of working in a fast-moving, client-driven environment
- Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Able to explain difficult concepts in a clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
- Understanding of internal stakeholders and external clients' needs and concerns; responds with a sense of urgency
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customised projects with a degree of autonomy; adept at working on a number of projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge and experience within a professional services environment an advantage
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Possess a 1st degree in a numerate field and 4-8 years’ experience in business analysis, industry research, management consulting and/or business performance
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
- Recent Jobs from Ernst and Young
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread
- Senior Manager - Financial Reporting Group at Ernst and Young
- Know More About Ernst and YoungSimilar Jobs
- Sales Associate at KUI Care
- Business Development Executive at Stanbic IBTC
- Business Development & Operations Manager at Sigma Consult
- Distribution Assistant / Field Monitors at INTERSOS
- Sales Operations Manager at CWAY Foods and Beverages Nigeria
- Sales Clerk at CWAY Foods and Beverages Nigeria
- Sales Director at CWAY Foods and Beverages Nigeria
- Marketer at Topwash Nigeria Limited