DCS Sales Engineer at Emerson
Posted on: 4 May, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Emerson
Emerson is a global Technology and Engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
DCS Sales Engineer
- Based in our Lagos office and covering the West African region, this is a genuine career opportunity with a high scope for growth and success.
- Combining technical expertise in instrumentation and control systems with customer facing business development skills, this autonomous self-driven role will be challenging and rewarding for the right person.
- You will be responsible for growing the Systems business predominantly within the oil & gas industry, so exposure to the local, national and international oil companies, channel partners and EPC contractors is essential.
Your duties will include:
- Leading divisional sales & business development initiatives in West Africa.
- Meeting & exceeding territory financial objectives required in support of the PSS MEA business plan
- Collaborating with and supporting sales representatives in the region.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies for projects. Maintaining an accurate project pursuit list and provide monthly reports and forecasts to divisional Sales & Marketing Directors in PATT
- Preparing and presenting marketing forecasts, pricing surveys, competitor intelligence and country marketing plans
- Working closely with the proposal generation group to ensure all offers reflect customer needs, are competitively priced and are submitted on time.
- Improving customer satisfaction by finding solutions to their needs
- Taking a pro-active role in working with the Emerson Global Project Pursuit Team representative to identify, qualify and pursue control system projects to achieve order conversion and maximize the potential for all Emerson Automation Solutions products and services.
- Developing long-term relationships with senior management within customer accounts to ensure awareness of the capabilities of Emerson
- Promoting the business benefits of PlantWeb to customers.
- Profiling accounts and establishing a clear understanding of business drivers and process control requirements.
- Liaising with Emerson personnel Worldwide for Global Project Pursuit.
- Capture customer key business drivers and ensure inclusion within Emerson proposals.
- Maximizing revenue and profit from the existing installed base.
- Recognizing and accepting HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in Emerson's Company Policy and Procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably in Electronics, Instrumentation or Automation
- At least 8 years' experience in the Process Automation industry
- Knowledge of DCS systems, preferably DeltaV
- Sales experience in the oil & gas and/or petrochemical industry
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Emerson career website on emerson.taleo.net to apply
- Know More About EmersonSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Manager - Automobile at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Regional Distribution Manager - West & Regions at Airtel
- Sales Account Manager (Northern and Eastern Nigeria) at Coollink.ng
- Female Sales Representative at Coinbox Limited
- Key Account Manager at Coinbox Limited
- Accounts/Sales Representative at JBC Shipping Limited
- Trade Marketing Manager at Bosch Group
- Marketing Officer at RoVedana