Transmitter Engineer at Beat FM
Posted on: 16 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Beat FM
MEGALECTRICS LIMITED is a reputable and wholly owned indigenous company with its headquarters in Lagos. The company was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in July of 2001.
Megalectrics was in 2007, granted a Radio Broadcast Licence for Lagos. The company is presently operating three (3) radio stations from our 26, Keffi Street, Ikoyi office. And recently, 2 new stations (The Beat 97.9FM and Naija FM 102.7) were set-up in Ibadan, Oyo State; making five (5) radio stations operated by Megalectrics Ltd. The Beat 97.9FM has since April 2013 commenced broadcast, while we await the approval of the apex broadcast body in Nigeria – National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) for Naija FM to go on air as soon as possible.
These radio stations appeal to different demographics and psychographics.
- Operates and maintains radio transmitter to broadcast radio and television programs:
- Moves switches to cut in power to units and stages of transmitter.
- Monitors lights on console panel to ascertain that components are operative and that transmitter is ready to emit signal.
- Turns controls to set transmitter on FM and AM assigned by Nigerian broadcast Commission.
- Monitors signal emission and spurious radiations outside of licensed transmission frequency to ensure signal is not infringing on frequencies assigned other stations.
- Notifies broadcast studio when ready to transmit. Observes indicators and adjusts controls to maintain constant sound modulation and ensure that transmitted signal is sharp and clear.
- Tests components of malfunctioning transmitter to diagnose trouble, using test equipment, such as oscilloscope, voltmeters, and ammeters.
- Disassembles and repairs equipment, using hand tools.
- May converse with studio personnel to determine cause of equipment failure and to solve problem. 10. May operate microwave transmitter and receiver to receive or send programs to or from other broadcast stations.
- Has excellent attendance and positive attitude to the job.
- Adhere strictly to rules and procedures as set by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and passionate individual, who has passion for radio.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of university degree with at least 2 years relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must have technology skills
- Good communication and people skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS. Excel, Word, and PowerPoints.
- Discretion with confidential information.
- Team-working, team-bonding ability.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org , using the job position applied for as subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from Beat FM
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- On-Air Personality at Beat FM
- Productions Personnel at Beat FM
- Programmers/Music Librarian at Beat FM
- News Readers/Correspondents/Reporters at Beat FM
- Traffic Officers at Beat FM
- Marketing Executives at Beat FM
- Web Content Developers at Beat FM
- IT/Engineering Staff at Beat FM