Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives, is seeking a high- performing, results-oriented professional to serve as Market Section Manager.
Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes for 500,000 poor Nigerians, including 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in northern Nigeria. Propcom Mai-karfi, which runs through December 2017, is managed by Palladium, in partnership with Technoserve, for the UK Department for International Development.
Intervention / Business Development Manager
- The Intervention/Business Development Manager will manage one or more assigned interventions/markets, and report to a Market Section manager. Responsibilities will include:
- Identify rural market opportunities, design strategies/intervention guides for developing these market areas/commodity chains, and lead implementation ,
- Work with the Results Measurement team to design appropriate tools for monitoring the progress of interventions within the market sectors. Liaise with the RM team to design tools and conduct impact assessments for programme interventions,
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on programme interventions – including impact assessment reports,
- Keep abreast of the political economy and how it impacts rural markets, and how changes in the functioning of markets may impact the political economy,
- Actively contribute and innovate to advance the programme’s overall objective and results.
Required Skills & Experience
You will be:
- Able to lead and manage programme interventions, including design, strategy, planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of intervention activities
- Experienced at developing and maintaining productive relationships with project partners (mostly businesses) and internal colleagues
- Able to collaborate with partners to help them assess and develop new business opportunities and practices relevant to rural communities
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of agricultural and other rural markets in Nigeria as well as the cultural and socio-economic context in which the programme operates
- Familiar with how businesses really work and what they need to succeed
- Entrepreneurial and flexible, able to adapt to fast-changing working context
- A team player with a proven ability to work effectively with others in a multicultural setting
- Competent user of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and possibly statistical packages
- A fluent Hausa speaker with good command of the English language
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment in Abuja
- Opportunity to collaborate with national and international colleagues
- Opportunity to make a vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme
- The opportunity to truly “make a difference”
- A competitive salary with benefits
Please send your CV (maximum of three pages), full details of your referees and a 1 page covering letter outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Method of Application
To apply, check preferred job details for application emails.