Employer: Optimus Search
Desired Expertise: Environmental Safety & Training
Experience: 4+ years
Minimum Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Status: Active / Open
-Work with company and contractor's site management and Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) organizations to implement the project and site safety programs
- Advise site team (company, contractor, and subcontractors) of company, contractor, and local authorities' safety requirements, regulations, expectations, and best practices
- Coach and advise contractor and subcontractors to establish, communicate, and implement safety expectations and initiatives; monitor and stimulate execution with contractor's safety policy, rules, and procedures; and monitor conformance with project and site safety execution plans and implement improvements where appropriate
- Collect and analyze data on safety initiatives and performance for reporting to project and functional management
- Identify and assist with prioritization of opportunities for site safety process improvements
- Promote safety awareness and safe performance among project team members, including consultants and contractor personnel
- Conduct regular safety inspections/assessments on-site and at key off-site subcontractor locations in accordance with established project and site safety plans or as requested by site team members
- Conduct scaffolding inspections.
- Identify and work to eliminate hazards, unsafe conditions, and unsafe acts; work with company, contractor, and subcontractor management toward achieving an injury-free work place
- Keep site management apprised of significant safety issues and plans/progress towards resolving issues and eliminating hazards
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field is preferred + NEBOSH IGC or CSP
- 4-8 years in Construction Safety-related positions (Prefer previous experience with ESSO, Exxon, Mobil, or ExxonMobil).
- Certified for scaffolding inspection.
- Thorough knowledge of Safety standards, codes and practices
- Ability to function in an integrated project team environment
- Practical Safety judgment
- Ability to work in harsh environments, in stressful situations, with ever changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful working relationships with emphasis on interfacing and mentoring in a team environment.
Click on the link below each job
Join over 341K happy subscribers