Reports to: Primary Report to the Group Head of Accounts.
Client Service Managers
Other Key Account Personnel
Contribute as part of the Accounts team to the development of the Group’s strategic business plan and goals, which is to Become Africa’s Biggest Brand Solutions Providers.
• Processing of payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursement and statements.
• Calculation of rates paid for purchases and all price extensions.
• Verification of all items billed against items ordered and received.
• Reconciliation of differences through follow-up with vendors and/or other employees.
• Entry, update and retrieval of accounting data from automated systems.
• Posting of financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system.
• Management and control of the Store.
• Inventory of Office Supplies and equipment.
• Writing of receipts, payment vouchers and cheques.
• Preparation of invoices, request and salary schedules.
• Bank withdrawals and distribution of funds for purpose and persons.
• Maintenance of cheque register, bank books and account/general float.
• Bank reconciliation, bank correspondence, request for and collection of cheque book, statement, etc.
COMPETENCIES OF THE POSITION HOLDER:
• Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• 1- 2 years experience in an Accounting role.
• Stability and willingness to learn.
• Computer Skills and a use of software applications such as word and excel.
• Analytical and Decision making skills.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Membership of a professional body will be an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Has an effective working relationship with colleagues.
• Effective Planning and strong organizational skills.
• Proven ability to effectively manage time and assess priorities.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Able to effectively control flow of work when working on multiple tasks.
• Can easily build rapport with people.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent command of English Language e.g. spelling grammar, for preparation of memoranda.
Other skills and attributes
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Positive can do attitude.
• Honesty and ability to handle confidential information.
• Straightforward and professional outlook.
Training and Development
As an employee of the BHM Group, the ideal candidate is expected to maintain up to date knowledge of areas of expertise and management through approved trainings.
In addition to these key responsibility areas outlined in the Position Description, as a valued employee, you are expected to:
• Undertake any additional duties that may be required from time to time.
• Actively work towards achieving the company’s financial targets.
Candidates who meet the above criteria should send their resume and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission of CVs is 13th October, 2014.
Join over 630K happy subscribers