Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Ikore International Development Limited
Posted on: 13 January, 2020
Deadline: 24 January, 2020
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Ikore International Development L
Ikore is an international development organization, offering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities.
Our expertise is in Development Consulting, Research, Business Advisory and Enterprise Development across various sectors, using multiple approaches and covering several components. We facilitate market inclusion for improved productivity and a bumper harvest through capacity building, business model / strategy advisory, market linkages, social enterprises and research.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- We seek to employ a dynamic and innovative person who has experience working in different Value chains across Nigeria and Africa
- Someone who can work collectively with host communities, design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
- Assist in the development and / or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Ensure that the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the project’s implementation plan and meets the donor and project's M & E needs.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various forum on program achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities.
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M & E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes.
- Ensure the quality of M&E related data to be collected throughout the program implementation.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying gaps in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making.
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams as applicable.
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project.
- Facilitate the preparation / production of project reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Agric. Economics, Extension, Statistics or related fields (Master's Degree an added advantage).
- At least 3 years of direct involvement in providing monitoring and evaluation support for related programs.
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems development organizations.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience with participatory and community-based M&E systems.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Previous experience with development of e-platforms for data capturing and reporting.
- Experience using mobile data collection tool is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak Hausa or Kanuri will be an added advantage.
- Note: This position requires frequent travels. Selected candidate must be willing to travel to the communities and villages in the implementing states.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Application Letter to: email@example.com using "the job position" as the subject of the mail.
- Include Program Manager in the email subject line and include salary expectation in your Application Letter.
- Applications will be reviewed and online interviews will be conducted with selected candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.
- Recent Jobs from Ikore International Development Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Program Manager at Ikore International Development Limited
- Communications Manager at Ikore International Development Limited
- Graduate Communications Associate at Ikore International Development Limited
- Field Facilitator (Veterinary Doctor / Animal Science Graduate) at Ikore International Development Limited
- Financial and Administrative Manager at Ikore International Development Limited
- Graduate Monitoring and Evaluation Associate at Ikore International Development Limited
- Project Associate at Ikore International Development Limited