Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Information Systems Specialist
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Defining procedures and ensuring the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the IT and telecommunications equipment and systems in the mission and participating in the establishment and/or revision of the budgets concerning ICT
- Managing the ICT activities in support to and in close collaboration with the field responsible of the sector of activity (s) he is primarily in support. This includes the following:
- Identifying and implementing the information management practices to enhance the system's effectiveness and reliability (development, check-up, deployment of applications, systems or new ICT standards)
- Supervising, implementing and monitoring security management protocols (data saving, firewall, backup, security for equipment and software) in order to ensure data security, availability and an immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency
- Ensuring that all IT and telecommunications equipment are correctly inventoried in direct link with the procurement team ensuring sufficient stock of spare parts and necessary tools for the maintenance, repair and replacement of defective equipment
- Informing the technical referent before all purchase of equipment or services and ensuring the preparation, tests, packing and documentation for all ICT equipment and networks before providing to users
- Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of statistical data on ICT (number of repairs, monitoring and abuse of internet and telephone use, general state of computer parts, etc.) and drafting a quarterly report on activities, informing his/her supervisor of all technical modifications of the mission. Monitoring guarantees/warranties and insurance and following up invoices
- Providing direct supervision and support to the Information Systems technicians as well as technical and educational support (briefing, training, etc.) to new users, relevant personnel, technicians, project radio operators and/or logistics experts dealing with information systems and managing user access to the information systems (communication tools, software, files, etc.)
- Performing delegated tasks specific to her area of speciality, as defined in his/her job description and according Minimum Required skills and Qualification
- Installs, programs and manage all MSF Belgium Telecom/Radio equipment (HF, VHF, modems, antennas, cabling, power systems, inverters, batteries and repeaters) respecting with internal standards and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science or similar field. Post Graduate or master’s Degree is an added advantage)
- Experience: 2 years Experience on Telecom (VH, HF, Satellite) Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs will be an added advantage.
- 2-3 years experience in IT, electronics or similar position.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft copies of their Applications including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Degrees, Certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard Copy to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama, Maitama,
- Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.