Commissioning Electrical Engineer at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Posted on: 15 November, 2019
Deadline: 28 November, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
Commissioning Electrical Engineer
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 2 weeks
- Assist the project team in delivering a Safe & Timely project at minimum cost.
- Providing technical advised on different process disciplined issues encounter during the design stage, construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning.
- Providing technical solutions on any technical query related to process engineering issues as well as practical advice based on hands-on experienced.
- As a Process Engineer will lead the start-up team during plant start-up and ensure that the plant is safely brought into operation.
- Providing a logical approach on the job for early delivery of the project by assisting in the early identification of priorities in utilities and process required for 1st Oil or 1st Gas and achieving flawless project delivery.
- Assist CSU Lead and participate in audits and reviews e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, design reviews, pre-start-up audits, etc. and make relevant recommendations.
- Provide support to construction/ commissioning teams in connection with the above.
- Ensure that timely arrangements are made for familiarization and training of asset team personnel, as necessary to implement project schedules and facilitate smooth handover from the project team to the asset team.
- Assist in writing pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures, review those prepared by Contractors and ensure that final versions reflect the requirements detailed as required. Ensure full participation and buy-in by the asset team from the earliest possible date.
- Specifically, monitor and report on the availability of process fluid with reference to the schedule for commissioning, performance tests and reliability runs.
- Be an effective Process Lead ensuring deliverables are met in a timely manner and within the agreed project cost.
- Technological challenges and applications in the work requiring enhancement of skills by learning more on new process engineering approach based on technology-driven applications applying the best possible solutions based on long experienced and adopting new technological approach on the job.
- Enhancing the skills of Process Engineers by providing tutorial, technical advice, practical solutions to encountered problems based on long experienced and common sense on the job.
- Promote teamwork, and coordinate effectively with surface facilities construction teams, and asset team in order to obtain seamless tie-ins, pre-commissioning, commissioning and handover of the facilities.
- Assist in the seamless handover of all facilities to the Asset Team.
- Well experienced in an oil and gas projects, with a deep level of expertise in a process engineering job with the good analytical and technical capability to deliver the project from design concept, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the plant-based on company business plan.
- Lead Start-Up-On-Paper session in preparation for plant start-up.
- Lead start-up team during plant start-up and ensure that the plant is safely brought into operation.
- Ensure plant stabilization and monitor process parameters during the stabilization period.
- Carry out P&ID or site review and recommend possible modifications or changes that were necessary to the engineering team.
- Providing technical support to the construction team and engineering team for any technical query.
- Prepare Nitrogen Leak Test procedure and oversee the execution of Nitrogen leak test activity.
- Participate in walk-downs, raise punch lists in collaboration with other teams and ensure closeout of the punch items.
- Work with CSU Lead to agree to the cause of action to deliver on the planned scope.
- Ensuring that equipment works to its design specification;
- Development and implementation of detailed commissioning test procedures.
- With project management experience.
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment with diverse personalities.
- Possess good interpersonal skills in order to communicate across teams and disciplines and cultural divides.
- Able to communicate effectively with indigenous and foreign nationals.
- Able to effectively and quickly build teams and collaborative relationships.
- Lead by example and inspire others to follow suit in the pursuit of excellence.
- Show empathy with others and empower others.
Essential Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Plant optimization and troubleshooting using simulation software
- Ensure strict adherence to the PTW system
- Prepare plant start-up procedures
- Ensure familiarization and integration of the operations team into the new facility
- The investigation, diagnosis, and rectification of faults;
- Liaising with asset and vendor engineers.
- Development of detailed commissioning reports and documentation.
- Good collaboration with the Engineering team to agree on design changes.
- Provide improvements to and offering advice about operational procedures.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines.
- Providing technical advice, supervision and mentoring young engineers and technicians.
- Able to demonstrate technical capability and advice for technical solutions based on long experienced on the job.
- Assist and train team colleagues to expand their experiences on different technical issues and applications on the job.
Other Relevant Information:
- Proven ability to work in challenging environments.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
- HUET AND BOSIET certified Experience
- Minimum of Eight (8) to Fifteen years of experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Has a good understanding of the job in technical aspects and good analytical thinking
- Work with a minimum amount of supervision and technical common sense and can solve problems in own initiative
- Good working relationship in a diverse environment
- I can work under pressure and understand the different technical processes of the job.
- Flexible and mobile to travel to support business needs as and when required.
- To have the key ability to be able to energies other people and team members.
- Willingness and demonstrable ability to follow continued professional development.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Commissioning Rotation Engineer at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited