Data Scientist at GVA Partners
Posted on: 7 November, 2019
Deadline: 15 November, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
- An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and talented data scientist to join a dynamic project team.
- The resource shall be responsible for analyzing large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company.
- Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
What will you be doing?
- You will identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- You will work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
What do You Need to be Considered for this Role?
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is a plus
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience in data mining
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (in MS Word not PDF), current and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the "Job title" as subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from GVA Partners
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Scrum Master at GVA Partners
- Solutions Architect at GVA Partners
- Product Owner at GVA Partners
- Devops Specialist at GVA Partners
- Data Architect at GVA Partners
- Software Developer at GVA Partners
- Cloud Systems Administrator at GVA Partners
- Pre-Sales Engineer at GVA Partners
- Cloud Sales Specialist at GVA Partners
- Know More About GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Senior Research Analyst - Upstream Oil and Gas at Wood Mackenzie
- Research, Innovation, Strategy & Management Analyst at ConnectRail Service Limited
- Africa Research Fellowship - Nigeria at Search For Common Ground’s International
- Facilitator/ Researcher at Proxynet Communications Limited
- Senior Analyst (Risk Management) at Sunrose Consulting
- Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Agriculture Research Lead at One Acre Fund
- Male Research Officer/ Part Time Lecturer at Institute of Counseling