Pharmacist at Population Council
Posted on: 6 November, 2019
Deadline: 14 November, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Population Council
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries in three major program areas - HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth.. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
- The Pharmacist will set up and manage the day-to-day running of a pharmacy in a newly established Community Health Centre (CHC) for key populations and their sexual partners who engage in high risk behaviors that predispose them to increased risks of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Contribute significantly to the setting up of a pharmacy in the Community Health Centre (CHC).
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the pharmacy
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information obtained is complete and accurate
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs
- Maintain proper inventory of medications and supplies
- Ensure that patient records are kept confidential
- Answer telephones, responding to questions and requests
- Fill bottles of prescribed medications and type and affix labels
- Counsel customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring to the Doctor for further medical or medication information.
- Ensure that all pharmacy related reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Undertake any additional activities such as clerical and administrative functions as identified by the Medical Officer and Project Director.
- Level of Education – minimum B.Pharm. or equivalence MD, Masters of Public Health, in related field
- General communication, supervisory & interpersonal skill level – Excellent
- Language requirements – English - Excellent
- Level of IT expertise required – Good
- Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria
- Desired number of years of prior experience in a similar role – at least 3 years
- Effective organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in PDF format (stating your current salary and salary expectations) to: email@example.com clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names – starting with the surname first, then other names in the subject area of the email. Example: Pharmacist (Rivers) – BEN, Joshua Ekong
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer. Nigerian national preferred
- Recent Jobs from Population Council
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Medical Officer at Population Council
- Laboratory Scientist at Population Council
- Program Manager at Population Council
- Senior Nurse/Counselor at Population Council
- Logistics Assistant/Driver at Population Council
- Finance & Administration Officer at Population Council
- Janitor at Population Council
- Know More About Population CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Procurement Executive at Helena Frey
- Pharmacy Technician at Helena Frey
- Pharmacy Technicians at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Pharmacist at Diadem Consults Ltd
- Locum Pharmacist at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Production Pharmacist at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Product Manager at Sanofi
- Medical Representative (Kano) at Sanofi