Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
Fixed Term Contract: 7 Months
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- This is a critical role which connects the foods finance organization across clusters and small C categories in terms of performance management, Budget controls, analysis and dynamic resource allocation.
- The role has very clear job fundamentals to ensure highest standard of controls in financial accounting, reporting and Budget management. The person in the role would be expected to have very strong analytical mindset to get insights which can lead to improved business performance.
- The role will also provide excellent exposure to global strategy, performance drivers in D and D&E markets and insights into Foods.
Control, Accounting & Reporting:
- Ensure integrity and control across accrual/payment process.
- Engage with the cluster finance teams to ensure compliance to accounting standards and policies.
- Report results and variances on a monthly basis.
- Ensure process compliance with Global timelines.
- Compile and publish Category monthly forecast packages
- Review and update SAP master data.
- Responsible for managing category budgets (Bought in Cost (BIC) and departmental costs) budgets.
- Key driver of robust resource and budget allocation across categories, marketing development, R&D activities and capital expenditure.
- Challenge inefficiencies and indicate drivers for review.
- Use relevant competitive benchmarks (financials, shadow P&Ls) to identify savings opportunities and/or areas under leveraged.
Business Performance Management:
- Analyze the performance to come to key insights to raise the business performance.
- Lead the engagement framework between the clusters and the Global teams to identify, highlight and resolve key business issues.
- Raise the quality of cluster engagement calls.
- Put in place a strong framework for engagement between Cluster Finance Managers and Global Finance teams.
- Analyze historic performance, forecasts and track the same versus Business targets.
- Leverage standard performance reporting to enable Brand LT / GCLT to have a 360degree view of business and hold itself and others accountable for delivery of strategy and performance.
- Champion use of standard ES reporting solutions (MBI, One View) within the category
- Actively drive simplification of reporting through use of standard ES reports and tools e.g. MBI, OneView
- Partner with Supply Chain finance to ensure proper understanding of product cost levers and key drivers of manufacturing costs.
- Analyze results and consult Global and Regional finance managers for variances explanations versus forecast.
Lead Team Agenda:
- Participate in cross Category workstreams to drive best practice in key challenge areas such as ROMI, gross margin, sustainability, Digital etc.
- Proactively seek opportunities to share Category best practice within wider Finance function and to learn from best practice of other Finance areas.
Required Professional Skills & Experience
- Professional qualification in finance or accountancy
- Strong control and analytical mindset
- Strong Leadership and People Management skills with ability to motivate remote teams.
- Strong Decision Support, Ad Hoc evaluation, Growth mindset and Bias for Action
- Strategic thinker, with focus on Execution and Change management
- Effective Business Partnering, Performance Management and business planning experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Upfield Nigeria career website on upfield.com to apply