The Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- The Registrar, who is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic, is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
- He/she is the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Academic Board and other Statutory Committees.
- He/she is the custodian of records and issuance of Certificates, interpreting and applying rules and regulations of the Polytechnic.
- He/she shall also perform such other duties as the Council and the Rector may, from time to time, direct.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must hold a good honours degree (minimum of second class lower division) from a recognized institution of higher learning, plus at least Eighteen (18) years post-qualification cognate experience in tertiary Institution or a Master's degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least Fifteen (15) years cognate experience in tertiary Institution or Doctorate degree plus at least Twelve (12) years cognate experience in tertiary institution.
- He/she must have served as a Deputy Registrar for not less than Five (5) years in an Institution of higher learning.
- He/she must be a Member of relevant professional body/bodies e.g. NIM, CIPMN, etc.
- The candidate must not be more than 59 years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
- He/she must be a person of proven integrity, intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the Rules and Regulations of the Polytechnic system.
- He/she must also be vast in Public Service Rules, Financial Regulations and must be computer literate.
Terms and Conditions of Appointment
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years. The salary and conditions of service are as obtainable in all Federal Polytechnics in the country.
- The appointee shall also enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
- Note: Referee report should be sent under confidential cover directly to the Registrar, The Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa, marked "Referee's Report for the Post of Registrar" on top left hand corner of the envelop.
Method of Application
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Twenty (20) typewritten Applications and CV, specifying the following:
- Name in full
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Current contact address to include GSM number and e-mail
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Community Service
- Awards, Honours and Commendations (if any)
- Present appointment with date and Salary
- Names, addresses of three (3) referees
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and the Position at the top left hand corner addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa,
P.M.B. 001, Nasarawa,