Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Senior Software Engineer - Front End
What You’ll Do
- Our Andelan Senior Software Engineers epitomize ownership. They take personal responsibility for Andela’s ability to continue to deliver value to our partners.
- Use your knowledge in your core technology to delight our partners around the world.
- Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively.
- Act as role-model even in the most difficult and challenging situations, using constructive feedback, mentorship and universal respect.
What You’ll Bring
- All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additional suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and exercised ownership on various technical teams.
- Deep knowledge of at least one front-end framework -- React, Angular, Vue
- Working knowledge of at least one CSS framework -- Bootstrap, Materialize CSS, Semantic UI
- Extensive experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact.
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Deep knowledge of unit and integration testing and testing frameworks/libraries (Ex: Jest, Jasmine, Mocha)
- Working knowledge of tools and editors-- (ex: Grunt, JSLint)
- Working knowledge of at least one task runner -- gulp, npm scripts
- Experience using ESLint and module builders
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
What You’ll Get
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.