Analyst at Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
Posted on: 17 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Busara Center for Behavioral Econ
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research and advisory organization that pursues two twin missions of advancing behavioral science and alleviating poverty. We work with researchers, practitioners, and policy-makers to conduct rigorous field and laboratory-based experimental studies in behavioral economics in developing countries and apply research outcomes to real-world problems. We are headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with active project operations in Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Nigeria.
- We are expanding our Nigeria operations and seek curious, detail-oriented individuals to join our team as Analysts and Senior Analysts
- Our Analysts play a critical role in the execution and implementation of projects, driving new partnerships and engagements across different sectors
- This is an exciting opportunity for entry-level individuals who seek to increase the uptake of behavioral science in program and product design and implementation
- We invest heavily in our Analysts, exposing you to a range of projects prior to your potential entry into the Busara Associate Training Program
- With regular promotion cycles and rigorous mentorship and support, we ensure that we reward talent and growth and provide support where it is needed.
Below we outline the types of activity an Analyst might undertake:
- Conduct thorough literature reviews to inform project design
- Support Associates and Engagement Directors with project delivery
- Liaise with lab and data teams to design and run experiments and analyze complex datasets
- Provide customized reports, highlighting main findings and key points, and communicate the results orally and/or in writing
- Develop engaging and comprehensive presentations
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve inquiries on external and internal research data
- Design effective quantitative and qualitative survey instruments and coordinate all activities associated with survey development, including research, formatting, and liaising with survey programming teams, as well as analyzing, summarizing and presenting results, and writing reports highlighting key findings and results.
- Serve as a professional and timely liaison to clients when necessary.
- Contribute to project on-boarding and off-boarding for knowledge management.
- Undertake general logistics planning for project activities
- Ensure that all project work is communicated with the Finance, Procurement, Operations and People teams at Busara to ensure proper project implementation
- Maintain and update project timelines.
- At Senior Analyst level, you will be expected to manage external and internal engagements independently and with limited supervision.
You must have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related fields
- Qualitative, quantitative, research, and data analytic skills and a commitment to developing these
- Ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and an ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently within a team
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing demands
- Fluency in English and excellent communication and writing skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
We would love it if you had:
- Familiarity with behavioral science, behavioral economics.
- Familiarity with STATA, SPSS or R.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Busara Center for Behavioral Economics career website on busara.workable.com to apply
- Know More About Busara Center for Behavioral EconomicsSimilar Jobs
- Research Analyst at Ralds & Agate
- Qualitative Research Analyst at Transcription Services International Ltd
- Behavioral Analyst at Union Bank of Nigeria
- Data Analyst at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited
- Post Doctoral Researcher 1 at Medical Research Council
- Junior Researcher at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Data Analyst at Proten
- Data Modeller at Masterly Limited