Coordinator, Operations Engineer (Renewable) at eHealth Systems Africa
Posted on: 17 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at eHealth Systems Africa
eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Coordinator, Operations Engineer (Renewable)
Purpose of the position
- The Coordinator Engineering Operations (renewable) will coordinate the production of energy through renewable or sustainable sources of energy, including wind and solar power.
- S/he will innovate ways to efficient energy supply. The Coordinator Engineering Operations will oversee the design, development, and evaluation of energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency and contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you’ll do
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the design, development and build renewable energy technologies
- Combine renewable energy production with existing power systems
- Facilitates the arrangement of new supplies and negotiate tariffs with fuel providers
- Coordinate the design and selection of electrical equipment to be used by the organisation
- Check site and ground conditions for the installation of renewable technologies
- Negotiate service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues and Review or energy purchase agreements.
- Keep up to date with legislation and environmental standards and make sure the systems and processes comply
- Develops technical expertise in all matters to do with energy and environmental control.
- Prepare project reports and other program or technical documentation.
- Install energy management routines for building automation systems.
- Conduct jobsite observations, field inspections, or sub-metering to collect data for energy conservation analyses.
- Perform energy modeling, measurement, verification, commissioning, or retro-commissioning
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use, costs, or conservation measures.
- Inspect or monitor energy systems, including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) or daylighting systems to determine energy use or potential energy savings.
- Oversee design or construction aspects related to energy such as energy engineering, energy management, and sustainable design.
- Proactive maintenance of existing renewable energy systems, fine-tune and resolve issues as they arise.
- Identify energy savings opportunities and make recommendations to achieve more energy efficient operation.
- Conduct research or collect data on renewable or alternative energy systems or technologies such as solar thermal and photovoltaic energy.
- Provide consultation to clients or other engineers on topics such as climate control systems, energy modeling, data logging, energy management control systems, lighting or daylighting design, sustainable design, and energy auditing.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in Renewable Engineering, Computer Science or any relevant area is required.
- Four years prior experience in related industry, preferably within NGOs, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project management experience is required.
- Ability to work with multiple areas within the organization to get business objectives, data requirements, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within tight timelines while being flexible in adapting to new roles.
- The post holder will be required to work effectively under pressure, be resilient and able to work in a busy, challenging and rapidly changing and insecure environment. There may be times when unsocial Office hours will be required i.e. evening / weekends, often under time pressure.
- There may be occasional need to travel to locations outside Kano metropolis including throughout Northern Nigeria.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from eHealth Systems Africa
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Coordinator, Facility at eHealth Systems Africa
- Associate Manager, Program Operations at eHealth Systems Africa
- Senior Program Manager at eHealth Systems Africa
- Intern, Laboratory at eHealth Systems Africa
- Coordinator, System Administration at eHealth Systems Africa
- Know More About eHealth Systems AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Cementing Specialist at WTS Energy
- Mechanical/Painting Supervisor at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- HDPE / PET Blow Moulding Supervisor / Operative at Candel Company
- Shelter Technical Assistant (Social) at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Shelter Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Construction Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Project Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Project Interface Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited