Intern, Laboratory at eHealth Systems Africa
Posted on: 17 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at eHealth Systems Africa
eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Employment Type: Internship
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
Purpose of the Position
- The Intern, Laboratory is responsible for supporting the planning and implements all of the daily operations of projects related to the mobile lab in Kano.
- S/He works with the Senior Coordinator and other team members in the lab to own the processes and outcomes associated with key project activities ranging from startup through closeout.
- S/he will act in accordance with company and project-specific standard operating procedures (SOPs), guidelines and timelines.
What You’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Works closely and effectively with researchers, project team and outside consultants; along with Senior coordinator and serves as primary contact with partners/clients for all project-related items
- Receive, label and process samples to identify suitability and also distribute them for the appropriate analysis
- Track maintenance and calibration record of laboratory equipment
- Perform quality control as directed by the senior lab coordinator
- Clean and maintain work area and all lab equipment and supplies
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records
- Learn and assist with sample preparation and inoculations, daily temperature monitoring program and making in-house media
- Some computer skills are needed for lab interns to record data, log test samples, and create detailed lab reports
- The lab intern will work on several different projects and experiments at once, strong multitasking abilities are essential to this job
- Because laboratories are collaborative environments where several researchers work on the same project, good verbal and written communication skills are a must-have for lab interns.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct, applicable policies & procedures, as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree from College or University in Public Health Science, Biochemistry, Science Laboratory Technology, Microbiology, Medical Technology, or a related field. A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in clinical laboratory operations with software products and solutions.
- Strong operations skills
- Proactivity and the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments independently.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- Proficient and technical experience, with a strong talent for enabling productive interpersonal and human relations between groups.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from eHealth Systems Africa
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Coordinator, Facility at eHealth Systems Africa
- Associate Manager, Program Operations at eHealth Systems Africa
- Senior Program Manager at eHealth Systems Africa
- Coordinator, Operations Engineer (Renewable) at eHealth Systems Africa
- Coordinator, System Administration at eHealth Systems Africa