NOC Support Engineer at Main One Cable
Posted on: 17 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
NOC Support Engineer
- The NOC Support Engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of Transmission and IP devices across MainOne’s network through the support of Network monitoring systems, perform first line troubleshooting/fault isolation, resolve where necessary and escalate to other levels for support in line with MainOne’s internal processes.
Other job responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
- Monitor MainOne’s network providing specific update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide at least first line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management.
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc/HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
Skill & Competencies:
- Skilled in Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Skilled in deploying Huawei OSN series equipment
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Skilled in deploying knowledge of IP devices will be a plus
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Ability to write and speak fluently in French is compulsory
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter and other signal testing tools/instruments.
Demands of the Job
- Could be required to travel to support other MainOne Operations outside the country.
- The role is a shift based, the selected candidate will be required on work on weekends and public holidays depending on the allocated shift slot.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on career.mainone.net to apply
- Know More About Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- ICLA Officer - (Data Analyst) at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Digital Marketer at eHealth4everyone
- Python Web Developer at eHealth4everyone
- Head, System Operator and Designer at Anthony Ayoade Associates
- IOS Developer at Urban Hive
- Part Time Python Instructor at Urban Hive
- Part Time Full Stack Instructor at Urban Hive
- Mobile Development Instructor at Urban Hive