Planning Manager at Michael Stevens Consulting
Posted on: 10 September, 2019
Deadline: 1 October, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a leading EPC company is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
- Understanding the scope of the project
- Prepare Project baseline schedule
- Prepare Schedule for Commercial and Proposal department during Bidding
- Monitoring and updating accurate schedule progress toward achieving the desired project completion date and informing the project management team of changes to schedule outcome.
- Monitor and measure Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Installation & Construction, and Pre-commissioning and Commissioning progress on weekly basis.
- Prepare Progress reports and S-curves (trend analysis) of the project.
- Prepare and render daily and weekly progress reports for the project to enable management have a glimpse of the actual achievement for the period.
- Identify critical path of a project and pay attention to the activities in the critical path, to ensure that the project does not over run (time and cost overrun)
- Prepare and maintain Progress measurement sheet
- Prepare and Present the schedule of work to management and client organization involved with the project for review and approval
- Prepare schedule look-ahead
- Attend meetings with management and/or client.
- Directly responsible for raising and giving notification to management in advance when from the trend analysis conducted and from observation it shows that the schedule delivery time will not be met as envisaged.
- Coordinate activities in a structured manner in order to achieve a successful planning outcome.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Cost Control Engineer for preparation of the project status report
- Coordinate and liaise with the Cost Control Engineer in preparing the Value of Work Done (VOWD) on monthly basis
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are completed within set deadlines, on budget, and in line with all the relevant safety standards and regulations
- Monitor and report Schedule implication of changes/variations and delays in relation to overall project and project critical path.
- Prepare and compiles weekly and monthly reports as required
- Participate in Subcontract bid and review Subcontractor bid schedule to ensure it meets subcontract requirements.
- Responds to ad hoc request from project management team related to project controls/reporting
Educational Qualification required for the Position
- B.Eng in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Qualification required for the Position:
- Primavera 6 (knowledge a must)
- Microsoft Project (added advantage)
- Experience required for the Position:
- 12 years minimum; EPC Oil and Gas
- Operational Perspective
- Personnel Management
- Effective Administrative Management
- Effective Documentation
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Good Communication skills
- Flexible and approachable
- Being professional
- Computer literacy
- Self-motivated and confident
- Diligent and resourceful
- Problem solving
- Listening and communication
- Customer service
- Project management
Method of Application
Candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the "job title" as the subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from Michael Stevens Consulting
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Warehouse Manager at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Lifting and Hoisting Person In-charge at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Project Manager at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Offshore Project Security Manager at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Know More About Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Finance & Administration Manager - Ikorodu Business Unit at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
- Admin Coordinator at Bedmate Furniture
- Operations Officer at Palladium Group
- College Registrar at Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu
- HR & Admin Officer at Zanibal Solutions Nigeria Ltd
- Office Administrator at Vesta Healthcare Partners
- General Manager (Transport and Oil & Gas) at Amazuma Services Limited
- Business Development Manager at Proten