Key Account Manager - West Africa at Bayer CropScience
Posted on: 5 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Bayer CropScience
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in 2018. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet. While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Key Account Manager - West Africa
Scope of the Role
- Part of the Vegetable Seeds Africa commercial team, you will act as point of contact for the West Africa territory Bayer vegetable seeds business. Covering Nigeria; Ghana; Senegal , Ivory coast , Burkina Faso and any other countries in the territory.
Main Purpose of the Job
- As the Key Account manager in West Africa, you will be responsible of the vegetable seed business in the countries where we currently are present, to develop and expand the business in the territory.
- You will be expected to enhance our relationships with stakeholders in the territory and take lead in identifying and developing new business and service opportunities, while maintaining the existing one.
- In collaboration with other functions within the organisation you will create, optimize & implement strategic and operational plans for the territory.
- Deliver on current budget expectations while maintaining business growth in the territory.
- Build strong relationship and partnership with key customers, distributors and external stakeholders to seize opportunities and accelerate growth.
- Initiate concrete plans to execute the operational plans in the territory, setting clear targets to key accounts and markets using tools provided to reach set objectives.
- Provide for accurate demand forecast both short, Mid (1-2 year) and long term, updating the same in the provided tools, to secure visibility and proper alignment cross functionally.
- Advance market intelligence in the territory and inform on country prioritization while keeping tabs on the portfolio life cycle and advising accordingly
- Be pivotal in the development and optimization of current and future portfolio & service in collaboration with relevant functions.
- Develop & Implement territory strategy, maximizing market coverage while maintaining clear customer insights.
- initiate concrete plans to mitigate or compensate for any impact on these markets.
- Actively demonstrate high values &principles in compliance with position held in the territory. FCPA, Business conducts, ESH, etc
- All other responsibilities associated with role including internal projects, administration, and meetings
- Bachelor of Science in Agronomy or any related filed
- A master’s degree in business management will be an added advantage.
- + 7 years Work experience in sales or account management in agriculture.
- At least 3 years in a business management role.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of the Agriculture industry and countries in West Africa is an added advantage.
- Result oriented, should be self-motivated
- Ability to work across functions and cultures
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Highly developed organizational skills with attention to procedure and detail
- Proactive: Showing agility and initiative
- Highly focused on Customers
- Demonstrable knowledge of the technical aspects of the business
- Strong time and territory management abilities
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to use new technology and stay up-to-date with technology needed to do the job efficiently
- Analytical mind and critical thinking; demonstrated capacity to look for the reasons ‘why’ and ‘how’ behind results
- Hard worker with the ability to work in both a field and office environment
- Local language
- French (Optional but added advantage)
- Driving license
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Access).
- Available to travel + 65% of time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bayer CropScience career website on monsanto.taleo.net to apply
- Know More About Bayer CropScienceSimilar Jobs
- Internal Control Officer at Jemi Neil Consulting
- Billing Officer at HRLeverage Africa
- Audit Officer at Tabs & Icons Consulting Ltd
- Internal Auditor at First Ally
- Internal Auditor at Daudeen Freight Limited
- Internal Auditor at Cambel Shipping and Logistics Service Limited
- Agric Operation Manager at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Audit and Internal Control Manager at Lorache Consulting Limited