Database Administrator at Kogi State University
Posted on: 4 September, 2019
Deadline: 2 October, 2019
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Kogi State University
Kogi State University, Anyigba, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in the Information Technology and Resource Centre (ITRC):
Location: Anyigba, Kogi
- Monitoring systems performance and identifying problems that arise.
- Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors.
- Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access.
- Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss.
- Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance.
- Suggesting changes and improvements for maintenance or protection.
- Regularly liaising with IT project managers and database programmers.
- Designing databases with both front-end and back-end users in mind.
- Candidates should possess a degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Management Information System with 6 years experience, three of which should be in a tertiary or related institution, and be registered with the relevant professional bodies.
- Possession of professional globally acceptable certifications will bean advantage. Candidates must possess an extensive knowledge of the databases, be analytic problem-solvers and communicators who are fluent in most data manipulation languages such as MS SQL, Oracle Database, 1-ladoop or PostgreSQL. Advanced certification as an MCDBAor MCSD for NET is advantageous.
Method of Application
Candidates should forward their Applications in 6 (six) copies with photocopies of their Credentials and detailed CV indicating:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended/Qualifications obtained with dates, including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies
- Work Experience and positions held with dates
- Present employer, Post and Salary
- List of publications, if any
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements, contributions including awards received, if any
- Names and addresses of 3 Referees - One of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant. The referees should be requested to forward their references directed to the "Registrar" via the address below.
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Kogi State University,
P.M.B. 2373, Anyigba,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from Kogi State University
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Director of Information and Communication Technology at Kogi State University
- Network Engineer at Kogi State University
- Security Analyst at Kogi State University
- Help Desk and Administrative Support at Kogi State University
- Front End Developer at Kogi State University
- Computer Programmer at Kogi State University
- Know More About Kogi State UniversitySimilar Jobs
- Database & Company Profiling Officer at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer at Fundall
- IT Collaboration Support at Telnet
- IT Asset Lifecycle Management at Telnet
- IT Data Engineer at Telnet
- IT Business Warehouse Support Consultant at Telnet
- IT EMC Support Consultant at Telnet
- IT SharePoint Support Consultant at Telnet