Workshop Manager at Maurice Xandra Solutions
Posted on: 3 September, 2019
Deadline: 6 September, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Maurice Xandra Solutions
Maurice Xandra Solutions is a management consulting company that renders quality services in Human Resource, Management and Process improvement. MXS Limited was set up to provide high quality, up to date training, team management and process improvement services for its clients.
- The workshop manager is responsible for the day to day safe and efficient running of the mechanical workshop.
- The manager is responsible for budgets for the purchase of materials, fixings and fastenings and machine tools to ensure the smooth progression of projects through the workshop.
- Daily attendance and sickness records have to be kept alongside individual records of what work is carried out and on which projects. This is for project costing purposes and for traceability of components in case of problems arising.
- The workshop manager is responsible for maintaining a database of everything purchased work done and by whom.
- The workshop manager is responsible for the quality of the work carried out and performs incoming and outgoing inspection on all parts and assemblies or delegates that work.
- In a potentially very dangerous working environment the manager is responsible maintaining safe working practices.
- Planning and monitoring work within the workshop, supervising the Space Instrument makers 25%
- Undertaking service and parts jobs during busy periods 25%
- Managing stock levels (e.g. materials, fixings and tooling) 10%
- Report on workloads, participating in project reviews and giving advice to project managers and Sales team 10%
- Maintaining material, fasteners databases 10%
- General administration for personnel and record keeping 10%
- Quality control 10%
The ideal candidate "Must Have"
- The workshop supervisor must hold a university degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in heavy machinery field.
- Computer skills and language ability
- Leadership skills and communication skills
- Hard worker, dynamic and trustworthy
- Experience in Africa is a PLUS.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:email@example.com.Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Know More About Maurice Xandra SolutionsSimilar Jobs
- Cost Estimator/Planning Executive at Superflux International Limited
- Assemble Production (APD) Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Electrical/ Instrumentation at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Construction/Fab Yard at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Equipment Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Principal Material Control (PMC) Senior Specialist at Transsion Holdings
- Quality Control (QC) Supervisor at Transsion Holdings