Solution Architect at Ericsson
Posted on: 2 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Ericsson
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
Categories: Information Technology
- We are now looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Expert in E2E Reforming activities using EDOS Tools:
- Feasibility study preparation
- Traffic offloading
- Parameters consistency check
- Advance features implementation
- Proficient in Network Design on multiple technologies and multiple streams (RAN, TRM and RNC), including but not limited to:
- Include link budgets analysis.
- Initial system design and dimensioning,
- System dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis,
- Coverage planning, site identification, evaluation, Network planning, interference analysis and optimization using EDOS DP.
- Network Planning to meet design targets and Final Network acceptance with customer
- Responsible for coverage analysis of GSM/WCDMA/LTE networks. Responsibilities include coverage/capacity analysis, proposal for coverage/capacity enhancement to meet the acceptance target.
- Creating & Studying RF coverage maps, perform simulations and identify problem areas, also troubleshooting areas with poor coverage and Quality and recommending suitable solutions.
- Proficient in using Planning (Asset/Ericsson Tools) tool extract data as per design requirements
- Draft RF design solutions to address RAN network issues to be reviewed by Radio Planning Supervisor/Manager.
- Prepare and submit periodic coverage map and reports, Able to suggest design changes for Network improvement GSM/WCDMA/LTE network.
- Support Site acquisition team and Regional Teams to find the suitable site locations to build sites based on nominal plans
- Validating the technical site survey details and provide valuable feedback and correction if required
- Interfacing with Internal and External Teams (GSC), coordinating and validating the technical work of a small group of RF Engineers
- Provide support to Sales and solution department, also engage with presales activities, including pre-studies
- Participate in customer projects, handling scope, risks, changes and customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree and above in Electronics and Communication or relevant fields.
- At least 10+ years of multi technology experience in Radio Networks Design Strategic Planning, and Solutions
- Deep understanding of latest technological trends in Radio Network, including Small Cells, CA, MIMO, IOT etc.
- Strong Experience on Design and Planning, experience in Ericsson Network Design Tools, Radio Products, and Solutions (GSM, WCDMA and LTE)Good understanding of advanced and complex radio networks and should be able to assist with advanced Planning and creative design solutions
- Must have customer facing and engagement experience.
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills for effective communication and relationship development with customer.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor/Master's degree and above in Electronics and Communication or relevant fields.
- Above 8 years of versatile experience in Planning of Radio Networks
- Strong Experience on EDOS Tools – ACP, AFP, ERA, TPS, ECO
- Good command on MS Office especially, MS Excel and PowerPoint and Hands on experience with common tools (TEMS, MapInfo, ACTi, Nemo, ITK, AMOS etc.)
- Planning and Organizing skills, Knowledge of business plans, customer requirements, and market.
- Trainings and Certifications for various technologies and products.
- Ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds .
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery.
Method of Application
- What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
- For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
- For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Interested and qualified? Go to Ericsson career website on jobs.ericsson.com to apply
- Know More About EricssonSimilar Jobs
- IT Tech Support at 9NL LTD
- Software Developer at Aureole Consulting Limited
- Pre-Sales Engineer at Netcom Africa
- Senior IT Support Officer at Elkris Foods
- IT Officer at Creative Associates International
- Junior/Mid-Level Developer at AGL Consulting Ltd
- Web Developer at Sahel Capital
- Verification Officer at Creative Associates International