Analyst/Project Officer (Research and Programe Development) at BanyanTree
Posted on: 30 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at BanyanTree
BanyanTree - Our clients are public and private Education providers with a focus on Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) across several states in Nigeria.
Analyst/Project Officer (Research and Programe Development)
- The Project Officer (Research and Programme Development) is responsible for contributing to overall strategy and programme development and providing specific guidance on research during the design, development and implementation of projects and related activities, both to Corporate staff members and to other partners as may be required
- The Project Officer (Research and Programme Development) will support research activities (including the conduct of baseline surveys) and programme development activities, with technical guidance and critical review. It is of key importance that the organization is continuously abreast of developments, trends and projections with regard to the economic sectors and selected issues areas it addresses. This enables the organization to assess its situational relevance, strategic posture as well as the overall impact and the effectiveness of individual programme strategies.
- Other critical tasks for the Corporate Project Officer (Research and Programme Development) are the establishment and maintenance of a reference database, proactively monitoring and reporting on contextually relevant information, the rigorous review of research and data to allow informed decision-making concerning the continuation of current, and the initiation of new programmes, and reviewing project performance metrics.
- The Project Officer (Research and Programme Development) is under the direct supervision of, and will report to, the Managing Partner and will be based in Corporate offices in Nigeria, expecting to be in the field on mission for approximately 30 - 40%of total work time.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Assists in coordination of the day‐to‐day operations of the stated project(s), including in the field towards the achievement of objectives and the development of specific resources and outputs
- Provides succinct, accurate and timely feedback regarding the development of the project to the CEO including preparing, for Board/CEO approval, the reports required under the projects milestones or equivalent
- Facilitates communication between the project partners identified in the project charter
- Prepares materials for internal/external communications related to the project
- Maintains excellent communication with resources across company to ensure every detail of the project is running on schedule
- Continually liaises with senior management and relevant external parties to ensure smooth and efficient running of the project(s)
- Represents the project leadership by attending and participating in meetings in absence of senior project team members.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Excellent Administrative Writing skills
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Organization, Presentation and Supervisory skills
- Time Management
- Travel Logistics and Event Management
- Excellent Verbal Communication skills
- Ability to multitask and continually rework company strategy to meet current conditions is essential
- A wide knowledge of any local issues or laws pertaining to project(s).
- University or a related Degree
- Administrative Certification is an added advantage.
- Applicants are required to state in 250 to 300 words why they are best suited for the advertised role, providing clear evidence that applicant has worked with successfully in the past and in a similar or related capacity
- Applicants should also indicate their willingness to travel and/or be posted outside our Lagos and Abuja offices
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from BanyanTree
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Executive Assistant at BanyanTree
- Administrative Assistant at BanyanTree
- Systems Engineer/IT Support at BanyanTree
- Fund Raising and Relationship Manager at BanyanTree
- Project Administrator at BanyanTree
- Know More About BanyanTreeSimilar Jobs
- Project Officer at Search For Common Ground’s International
- Planning & Control Manager at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Project Officer - Regional Hub of Abuja at Islamic Development Bank
- Project Manager at Tranter IT Infrastructure Services Limited
- Project Service Manager (M/F) at Delattre Bezons
- Project Control Manager, Senior (F/H) at Delattre Bezons
- Project Manager, Electrical at Prime Sources Limited
- Project Manager, Mechanical at Prime Sources Limited