Technical Risk Manager at Egbin Power Plc
Posted on: 30 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. a subsidiary of the Sahara Power Group housed along the Lagos Lagoon, is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Presently, the largest privately owned generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa with an Installed Capacity of 1320 MW. Egbin Power Plant was built to meet the ever rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs with plans to expand its generation capacity to exceed 5,000MW within the next five years.
Technical Risk Manager
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- Oversee and coordinate various risk assessment programmes that cover the technical areas of the business such as engineering and operational risk assessment in a Power Plant
- Conduct technical risk investigation and implement avoidance strategies
- Deploy risk mitigation strategies that reduce incidents and breakdowns by taking into account of exposure to risk
- Provide comprehensive and up-to-date technical guidance on power generation risk issues
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Highlight major operating risk issues that might evolve from the purchase of a new plant equipment or modification of an existing plant equipment
- Safeguarding the earning capability of the plant and asset by highlighting the potential impacts to the plant performance.
- Perform independent research review, studies and analysis in support of risk management projects and programme.
- Use risk management tools and processes, to conduct engineering risk evaluation of existing infrastructure
- Assess the risk of core damage and/or loss of primary containment integrity resulting from equipment failures, human errors and/or phenomenon such as flooding, fires and other environmental impacts.
- Conduct analysis such as process risk mitigation, new technology adoption, and human factors
- Develop and drive a comprehensive technical risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related safety risks that could adversely impact personnel, or plant operations.
- Highlight possible engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other equipment problems relating to capacity, quality, safety, or regulatory compliance that adversely affects operations.
- Develop and maintain repository of Technical risk assessment to support risk management planning and strategic decision making.
- Develop and assess the impact of the technical human capital risk such as (knowledge of plant, man power risk, training gap risk) and implement the process for regular status reviews.
- Assist in performing Probabilistic Cost & Schedule Risk Analysis- Build simplified project schedule model, map the Technical, Economic, Commercial, Organisational and Political (TECOP) parameters and Opportunity/Risk Register entries to the model elements, and quantify these impacts into duration/ cost ranges
- Assess and establish appropriate probability distributions for each element, analyse and iterate the model output and develop overview presentation material to explain the results and key schedule risk areas.
- Develop overview reports of risk/opportunity status for management, implement and manage risk management plans utilizing Company’s risk management standards
- Present technical risk management status to management & generate monthly technical risk management reports
- Support Maintenance Planning in the development and enhancement of preventive and predictive maintenance procedures and review maintenance procedures and review of maintenance work order history and reoccurring trends.
- Interface with top management to discuss and challenge technical risk status and close out references.
- Interpret and explain Cost Schedule & Risk Analysis output to management and Review teams
Education And Work Experience
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Risk Management Professional or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years industry experience as an Engineering Risk Management Professional for an industrial plant
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience facilitating risk and carrying out technical risk assessment
- Project experience with engineering, constructions and/or commissioning activities from major Plant Project
- Fully versed with Project Risk Tools, i.e. EasyRisk, Primavera Risk Analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of the entire generation process from fuel management to grid management
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the potential technical risks that might impact the plant performance
- In-depth knowledge of an industrial plant operation.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Egbin Power Plc career website on careers.sahara-group.com to apply